Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

sr20det head gasket replacement.

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  acurals87 
#1 ·
whats up guys so were starting a huge project i got a total of 4 g20's one is fully done. jic coil overs bluebird sr20det swap jim wolf ecu r32 skyline body kit already painted fitted to the car. the cars dope way nice. catch is i have to replace the head gasket then we may possible be selling it so my question is this. how much work am i getting myself into my master mechanic says hell do it for 500. is it easier and better of having him do that. or just doing it my self. my second question is can i use a standard de head gasket? from what i read on the sr20 forums the gaskets are pretty much the same between all sr20de-det's they even say the rwd will fit. but is that entirely true?
once we get this guy back up and running we may be selling it. after that. ill be swapping an sr20det from one running g20 to a non running g20.. (friend went thru a fence.) then ill be taking all other interrior parts and throwing it in my 96 g20. and either parting the rest or junking it. so it may be a good opp when i know what i got for you guys to get some used parts...
but its alot of work im getting myself into haha but will be fun...
my biggest concern is the head gasket.. what would you recommend i replace it with? i also read the stock nissan head bolts are rated higher then the arp. is this correct?

#2 ·
ps. if anyone in utah wants to help and get some experience with this. since i have tons of work imma be doing. on these cars your more then welcome to come help... gotta alot of work. swapping motor changing head gasket. installing new rack n pinion and more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.