Choices on air intakes - Page 2
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choices on air intakes

G20 Guru
    paradyme - does the obx piping have spots for all 3 hoses to plug into? i know for my ebay piping, i had to make a t connection for the pcv valve hose and the hose that goes somewhere back towards the engine, and i'm wondering if thats the best idea, since my idle dropped really low after installing the intake and now sits at ~500 rpms

not to thread jack, just discussing the possible side effects of a new intake

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

Yep, Check out Zooker's progress thread. He has either the official Injen piping or the OBX. His WAI is what mine will look like once installed. As far as adverse affects, Make sure you plug your air sensor back in. You should be good. I had a warm air intake using stock piping or stockOEM intake hose on my last P10 G20. You can always stick with that. Also I'm using the JWT/Stillen POP charger, that the aluminum piece you see inserted in the opening of my velocity stack filter which is for the older aluminum MAF adapter like you see attached to the WAI piping in my pic.

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread....=HEADER+GASKET
    Last edited by paradyme; Sep 14, 11 at 10:49 AM.

Top5DOA
    GGet a Injen CAI for the 98 200sx and it will work on a P11 perfect.
    I have one
    Last edited by Dema; Sep 18, 11 at 11:25 AM.

G20 Guru
    thanks paradyme. i think i might go that route if i go back to cai. the extra shitty one i got from ebay didnt quite cut it so now i just use the wai portion

Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    I have one
    Same here.
    STORED: WP11-144: VE, B15 LSD swap, DV9, SS/AS exhaust 2.5'-2.25'. AEM ATE B15-Rad B&A BC-Racing BF-Goodridge Bosch Brembo Bride-Brix-II Cusco D-1 DEI Dietz ES Fastbrakes Flexalite Greddy H&R Injen Innovate JWT Magnaflow NGK Nismo Nology Optima Progress Project-Kics Rays Sachs SCE Sparco SSAC Stillen Taylor Valvoline. DD: Hyundai Santa Fe 2001 AT 4WD V6 2700 cc.

Quote Originally Posted by paradyme View Post
    WOW! That's rough Rob, never heard of that?
    K&N says it won't hurt it, but Nissan actually has a technical service bulletin saying if the MAF goes bad the technician should check for an aftermarket filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    I have one
    Did u have to do any special modding? or did u just pick one up and it fit perfectly?

Thumbs up

If it's a cold air intake you need to cut a whole into your inner wheel well behind your stock battery location. And you'll need to remove your stock intake assembly i.e. intake hose and air filter box. Or you could use the just the upper half of the same INJEN cold air intake and make a warm air intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dampachi 415 View Post
    Did u have to do any special modding? or did u just pick one up and it fit perfectly?

G20 Junior Member
    you could measure out the dimensions of the filter and order an oilless one from Amsoil. they are a bit pricy but you do not need to oil them at all. I have one on my 03 cobra ...great quality