1999 et1 p11 - Page 5
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1999 et1 p11

G20 Guru
    pm'd

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

G20 Guru
    picked up the greddy exhaust today.

Sixnineg is god damn packaging wizard lol! There was nothing going to hurt that exhaust with that packing! I'm pretty sure the resonator is blown out, but I picked up this system for a steal, and he even payed some shipping out of his own pocket, so i aint even mad haha. I can't have my cake and eat it too.

the last thing i want to do is drag anyone's name throught the mud, so this is not an attack/negative feedback on sixnineg at all. i am pleased with my purchase and wouldnt hesitate to buy from him again. can't wait to get out of school and get this bad boy put on!
    Last edited by CarolinaPanthers; Apr 30, 12 at 01:57 PM.

Top5DOA
    Jorge is a good friend of mine, and congrats on the exhuast and soon to be coilovers

G20 Guru
    yeah man, the last thing i want to do is give him a bad name in this, or any, thread.

he is a fantastic seller, genius packer, and a pretty chill dude. like i said, i would buy from him again. i need to pick up a new resonator, but the resonator that came with it is tiny! i probably would have replaced it anyway.

cant wait to pick up the coilovers and install the exhaust... its gonna be a long couple of weeks until i can get wrenching lol

G hoarder
    i have a resonater just sitting in my garage. its longer than stock and has larger in/outlet. it was off my p10 when it was turbo.

G20 Guru
    Did you snag a set of coils??!

G20 Guru
    greenless, youre like my g20 parts supplier lol. if you could measure the inlet/outlet whenever you get the chance? if its 2.5 inches, i'll probably pick that up with the coils when I head out. how much you want for it?

nismo - i'll be picking up some ZP x2's from greenless when i get out of school/baseball
    Last edited by CarolinaPanthers; Apr 30, 12 at 07:31 PM.

I would install it the way it is, hear how it sounds and then see if it needs a resonator, i was tempted to try out on my car but i was too busy to do it, now i wish i would have,

Hope it all works out ill hook you up on something else down the line to make up for it.

Jorge
    Uploaded with ImageShack.com

G20 Guru
    Jorge,

thats the plan, especially since you heard it in action and it didnt sound too bad.

and if it needs a resonator, my girlfriend knows a kid who welds, so i can get it welded in on the cheap.

however it all works out, you're good by me. you dont owe me a hook up or anything. we're all good my man . hell, the sale was smooth (aside from shipping retardedness on my end), you paid out of pocket for some of the shipping, i picked up a sweet ass exhaust for a steal and a half, and i voiced a complaint which may not be a real problem, and you're being a stand up seller afterwords. you're good by me.

like i said, i dont want this to look bad on you, its really no big deal! i feel like this was an a+ sale, and if i could i would give positive itrader feedback if that shit wasnt broken lol

summary:

i picked up a dope ass exhaust at an even better price
    may or may not need a new resonator. if i need a new one, its no biggie
    Jorge is a damn good seller and a stand up guy
    cant wait to install the exhaust

G20 Guru
    arent u running a catback now? or no?

G20 Guru
    i'm running a 2.25 catback to a crappy blown out thrush muffler. it was supposed to be a short term muffler, but its been on there for a while haha. there are also some leaks right now, probably because i attached it to the piping with an exhuast sleeve, so it sounds like total ass.

the place i took it too did a pretty sketchy job welding the muffler hangers on and it hangs pretty low. to avoid them weldng on another muffler, i figured i could either pick up a bolt-on axleback vibrant muffler from mandrel exhaust systems for $175 or pick up the greddy for $200.

G20 Guru
    do u still have the catback piping? if so dont sell it, i may buy it off u in a while lol, after my 5spd swap

G20 Guru
    haha i mean sure idk if i'll be hanging on to it
    Last edited by CarolinaPanthers; May 01, 12 at 01:19 PM.

G20 Guru
    welost our conference tournament so i took her back home for summer, only to drive back out to school tomorrow because there is a chance we might get an at large bid to play in our regional tournament/a different regional tournament.

working on trying to bring my dead subs back to life, i didnt realize the battery was still connected and ended up creating a fireworks show in my trunk by bridging power and ground. i thought i had unhooked the battery. f me lol. so now my amp is dead/i blew a fuse somewhere. since i don't care enough to try and fix it, i just pulled them. its nice to have that anchor out of my trunk and i actuall have some trunk space. i'm gonna miss the bump, but its time to grow up haha. maybe one day i'll go back to a smaller system.

G20 Guru
    if ur running stock bose speakers i would say all u need is like a lil 10 inch to even everything out, thats what i wanna get, but idk, im like super broke and need to use my money dollaz for other things

Top5DOA
    install all that stuff yet?

G20 Guru
    yeah, i might reuse one of the tens in a smaller box, especially if i can bring the amp back to life but i'm not too worried with it. maybe down the line i'll get a better amp and sub, probably 10 inch and run that. thats not really a priority for me anymore though haha

and what stuff you talking about deems? deal pretty much fell through on the coilovers so there hasnt been much progress

Top5DOA
    What about the greddy?

G20 Guru
    lol duh! i forgot all about that! i was going to install it today or tomorrow, but theres a chance we might get into regionals so i had to go back to school - still sitting at home begging to be installed lol

G20 Guru
    still no progress, but i'm back home for mothers day . just wish i would have enough time to install the exhaust