Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Auto g20s aren't that slow

8K views 133 replies 38 participants last post by  00 blk G20t 
#1 ·
I didn't think it possible but from a dead stop my auto p11 left a modified scion tc in the dust :naughty:

I barely hit 3rd gear and the tc was in my rearview miror

#14 ·
I totally doubt all those stories my old NX1600 took out my a/t p11 from dead stop and that thing has less power than cars posted above.

#38 ·
See now ya learning (ODB). The automatic G20 drive train is plagued with drive train preference (5-speed) opinions and very little fact as it pertains to speed or performance mods. All I ever hear....I know it's slow....I know it's slow.....I know they (The nay sayers)... don't own or drive a auto/G20 modified or otherwise. I 've enjoyed my automaitic's P10 and an P11 and both have had bolt on mods (header, intake, cams, remapped ecu, and never met anyone else who's done it (almost don't count).

#47 · (Edited)
Dema, Why not complete your bolt on's or max out so to your bolt on options before giving up. Why not get the JWT ecu, CAM's, SAC header, intake. Your talking like $1,300 or used parts like $1400 All DIY optional or good a weekends wrenching with friends, some labor cost with a decent auto shop or mechanic doing side jobs. Now you can purchase a JDM VVL engine and many of them are found with auto trannys on them that you can use. that's $800.00 to $1400 before labor or go turbo (with tranny swap) and that's about $900 before labor and also a DIY option. I'm saying just commit and get it done however you choose and don't be coerced out of sticking with your automatic. (I know I sound real lonely...ha.. I need an auto tranny pal, Im in a lane all by myself).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.