02 auto in 99
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: 02 auto in 99

G20 Newbie

02 auto in 99

After much searching I can not find a definitive answer on what all is require for this swap. Ive read that the 99 tranny mount is different. Can I just hide the 02 mount. Is there major issues with linkages. What about computer controls?

Just got this 99 and after 400 miles the tranny broke what seems to be the final drive gear. This is an LSD equipped auto.

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

oops didnbt realive you wetote auto
    Last edited by ENO; Apr 13, 12 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola Tesla
    I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything

G20 Newbie
    The transmission will bolt up but won't work properly because they have different valve bodies and how they function. The 99 automatic G20 transmission is an RE4FO3A transmission while the 00-02 G20 automatic transmission is an RE4FO3B. The RE4FO3A uses an on-off lockup system and the internal solenoid wires extend outside of the case while the RE4FO3B uses a pulsewidth modulated lockup system and the internal solenoid wiring does NOT extend outside of the case.

Wont work