JWT VE cams, Serious Inquiries here
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: JWT VE cams, Serious Inquiries here

**Official Chat Killer** Snickers's Avatar

JWT VE cams, Serious Inquiries here

Talked to Jim today again about VE cams... Long story short, if i can get 10 people to buy JWT VE cams, He will make them. Or atleast he will make me a batch of 10 sets of cams.

Have not talked details about a STD drop in profile (stock springs) vs ones with springs, but atleast both will be made.

My best guess after speaking with him is about $750ish for cams, and another $250 for springs (C series ones that need springs)

if there are 10 people that would in all seriousness be willing to shell out $750 to $1000 for them, I can get them made. I would be willing to buy one or two sets of cams.

This current deal would be through me, so its possible I would be buying 10 sets of cams and then have to be the middle man just so they dont have 9 people flake out on them.

Anyways, This is the 3rd time I have talked with them in the last month or so and they do want to make them but just dont want to make 50 sets and have 49 sets sit on the shelf (they dont know how big the VE market has been getting lately so i had to inform them a little more)

So yeah, If you are interested and will have cash to blow in the next month or 2, make a list, or whatever.
    P10 + Autech + Air Jacks + Cage + Z34 brakes + 20v + 625 inconel header +.......Some assembly required

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

You going to take NON-REFUNDABLE deposits? You should... especially if you will be required to put up the cash first.
    2002 P11 KH3
    Cusco, Tein, KYB, 5Zigen, Apex-i, GReddy
    Alpine, Hertz, JL Audio

Re: JWT VE cams, Serious Inquiries here

How will these compare to the n1 and kelford cams?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

G20 Guru
    I'm in who wants my N1 cams for $350.00.... PM me They only have like 1000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by JDM_Ej View Post
    You going to take NON-REFUNDABLE deposits? You should... especially if you will be required to put up the cash first.
    Yes, these would be non refundable deposits. I cant afford to have $10,000 in cams sitting around

Quote Originally Posted by fubar1o2 View Post
    How will these compare to the n1 and kelford cams?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    DEFF more power than N1's for drop in power, and they have all the kelford cam profiles, and they know they can make a ( or have made) a more stable profile as well as more power as well.

They may make a 3rd profile for the top end HP drag racer guys too, but only once these first 2 get going.then see how the market is,
    P10 + Autech + Air Jacks + Cage + Z34 brakes + 20v + 625 inconel header +.......Some assembly required

G20 Senior Member CovertRussian's Avatar
    I personally would love to see a boost friendly VE cam with very low overlap (VE-T cams aside). 20VE cams still suck for any non tubular manifolds, 48* of overlap is way too much.
    00 G20t KH3 - Loller Rocker + GT28r + 6 Speed
    05 Legacy GT - Stock
    01 B15 SE /PP - SR20DET + T25 + Nismo LSD FOR SALE
    04 Forester XT - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by CovertRussian View Post
    I personally would love to see a boost friendly VE cam with very low overlap (VE-T cams aside). 20VE cams still suck for any non tubular manifolds, 48* of overlap is way too much.
    they have all the oem cams there, so i'm sure they could make a turbo grind based off the VET cam but a better profile for more power.

hmm I would be interested seeing about a turbo grind. If that's something they decide to visit in the future.
    Project Green Machine
    1/4 mi. time: maybe...
    HP: Neigh!!!
    Torque: Yes please....

I would be in for a set of Kelford Killas with springs and retainers
    Life is a Journey, Enjoy the Ride

http://youtu.be/ZbewlRlMWLU

P10..... because, well, P10. No explanation needed

G20 Newbie
    As soon as a legitimate dyno pops up. I'm so down for it. I've been a loyal JWT client since 1999, but need proof before asking the bank for the money...

G20 Newbie
    Count me in dependent on drop in availability. If I have to go to springs & retainers for both profiles (only revving to 8K) that may break the bank. Snickers, I have both your ASP 4-2-1 Budget and your mild steel 4-1 header but haven't yet used the 4-1. Been sitting for 3 years and the time is now to match it with a good road racing cam to compete in DE4, TA & possible TT. I have the funds, will wait for further news and dyno results compared to the N1s. BTW glad you're still alive & kickin', missed ya on the Dash. Understood why you left but no need to bring that mess up. Stayin' on topic. Let's make those cams!

Either I will have them dyno'd or JWT will have them dyno'd and tested as there are a few local guys to them.

One of the profiles will be useable on stock springs

With the bigger cam profile (C Series) I would expect the 4-1 to be the better header.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastP11 View Post
    As soon as a legitimate dyno pops up. I'm so down for it. I've been a loyal JWT client since 1999, but need proof before asking the bank for the money...
    Quote Originally Posted by blusteelsr20 View Post
    Count me in dependent on drop in availability. If I have to go to springs & retainers for both profiles (only revving to 8K) that may break the bank. Snickers, I have both your ASP 4-2-1 Budget and your mild steel 4-1 header but haven't yet used the 4-1. Been sitting for 3 years and the time is now to match it with a good road racing cam to compete in DE4, TA & possible TT. I have the funds, will wait for further news and dyno results compared to the N1s. BTW glad you're still alive & kickin', missed ya on the Dash. Understood why you left but no need to bring that mess up. Stayin' on topic. Let's make those cams!

G20 Member
    Errr, what happened to my post and answer??

Quote Originally Posted by Boostlee View Post
    Errr, what happened to my post and answer??
    Any posts off topic or not dealing with the intent of this thread will be deleted and cleaned up.

I DO NOT want this to turn into a JWT bashing, or he said she said thread, or any other unnecessary content. The intent of this thread is to find those willing to pay for JWT cams right when they are available so I can bring those people together to get several sets of cams made.

G20 Member
    Gotcha!! Just my curiosity (since I do not know the back story) and not much of a JWT bashing at all

G20.net Staff
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
    Any posts off topic or not dealing with the intent of this thread will be deleted and cleaned up.

I DO NOT want this to turn into a JWT bashing, or he said she said thread, or any other unnecessary content. The intent of this thread is to find those willing to pay for JWT cams right when they are available so I can bring those people together to get several sets of cams made.
    This. Charles is attempting to do something for the good of the community. If anyone has issues with JWT, questions unrelated to these particular cams or any random crap to add, start another thread.

And to give some more info. I currently do not have a running car let along a VE. So I'm not doing this to get free cams, just make them available to those who want them.

From Jim Wolf Technology direct:

"We are going to develop cams for the SR20VE which everyone knows and we have been saying this for a while. We already have the cam blanks and we have been doing some testing off and on. We will potentially offer a group buy when and only when we complete our development and have actual cams ready to release. Not until after our usual and thorough development and testing process and the actual manufacturing process is completed. You can advise the talkgroup of this information to clarify what was previously stated there."

Quote Originally Posted by macidcrook View Post
    From Jim Wolf Technology direct:

"We are going to develop cams for the SR20VE which everyone knows and we have been saying this for a while. We already have the cam blanks and we have been doing some testing off and on. We will potentially offer a group buy when and only when we complete our development and have actual cams ready to release. Not until after our usual and thorough development and testing process and the actual manufacturing process is completed. You can advise the talkgroup of this information to clarify what was previously stated there."
    Ok

cool would like to see how this pans out. spoken to jim and he wanted to make VE cams long ago but than the VQ35 came out so their uncut VE cams were in storage. jim was going to sell me a few uncuts to have ground but if you get this going I will most likely be unable to get the uncuts when im ready.
    so if i lose a bility to get the uncuts than I hope a really exelnt set of cams come out becuase I will need NA and boost cams