Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JWT VE cams, Serious Inquiries here

14K views 88 replies 31 participants last post by  Snickers 
#1 ·
Talked to Jim today again about VE cams... Long story short, if i can get 10 people to buy JWT VE cams, He will make them. Or atleast he will make me a batch of 10 sets of cams.

Have not talked details about a STD drop in profile (stock springs) vs ones with springs, but atleast both will be made.

My best guess after speaking with him is about $750ish for cams, and another $250 for springs (C series ones that need springs)

if there are 10 people that would in all seriousness be willing to shell out $750 to $1000 for them, I can get them made. I would be willing to buy one or two sets of cams.

This current deal would be through me, so its possible I would be buying 10 sets of cams and then have to be the middle man just so they dont have 9 people flake out on them.

Anyways, This is the 3rd time I have talked with them in the last month or so and they do want to make them but just dont want to make 50 sets and have 49 sets sit on the shelf (they dont know how big the VE market has been getting lately so i had to inform them a little more)

So yeah, If you are interested and will have cash to blow in the next month or 2, make a list, or whatever.

See less See more
#2 ·
You going to take NON-REFUNDABLE deposits? You should... especially if you will be required to put up the cash first.

#5 ·
Yes, these would be non refundable deposits. I cant afford to have $10,000 in cams sitting around :)

How will these compare to the n1 and kelford cams?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
DEFF more power than N1's for drop in power, and they have all the kelford cam profiles, and they know they can make a ( or have made) a more stable profile as well as more power as well.

They may make a 3rd profile for the top end HP drag racer guys too, but only once these first 2 get going.then see how the market is,

#10 ·
As soon as a legitimate dyno pops up. I'm so down for it. I've been a loyal JWT client since 1999, but need proof before asking the bank for the money...:teeth:

#12 ·
Either I will have them dyno'd or JWT will have them dyno'd and tested as there are a few local guys to them.

One of the profiles will be useable on stock springs

With the bigger cam profile (C Series) I would expect the 4-1 to be the better header.

Count me in dependent on drop in availability. If I have to go to springs & retainers for both profiles (only revving to 8K) that may break the bank. Snickers, I have both your ASP 4-2-1 Budget and your mild steel 4-1 header but haven't yet used the 4-1. Been sitting for 3 years and the time is now to match it with a good road racing cam to compete in DE4, TA & possible TT. I have the funds, will wait for further news and dyno results compared to the N1s. BTW glad you're still alive & kickin', missed ya on the Dash. Understood why you left but no need to bring that mess up. Stayin' on topic. Let's make those cams!

#11 ·
Count me in dependent on drop in availability. If I have to go to springs & retainers for both profiles (only revving to 8K) that may break the bank. Snickers, I have both your ASP 4-2-1 Budget and your mild steel 4-1 header but haven't yet used the 4-1. Been sitting for 3 years and the time is now to match it with a good road racing cam to compete in DE4, TA & possible TT. I have the funds, will wait for further news and dyno results compared to the N1s. BTW glad you're still alive & kickin', missed ya on the Dash. Understood why you left but no need to bring that mess up. Stayin' on topic. Let's make those cams!

#14 ·
Any posts off topic or not dealing with the intent of this thread will be deleted and cleaned up.

I DO NOT want this to turn into a JWT bashing, or he said she said thread, or any other unnecessary content. The intent of this thread is to find those willing to pay for JWT cams right when they are available so I can bring those people together to get several sets of cams made.

#18 ·
From Jim Wolf Technology direct:

"We are going to develop cams for the SR20VE which everyone knows and we have been saying this for a while. We already have the cam blanks and we have been doing some testing off and on. We will potentially offer a group buy when and only when we complete our development and have actual cams ready to release. Not until after our usual and thorough development and testing process and the actual manufacturing process is completed. You can advise the talkgroup of this information to clarify what was previously stated there."

#20 ·
cool would like to see how this pans out. spoken to jim and he wanted to make VE cams long ago but than the VQ35 came out so their uncut VE cams were in storage. jim was going to sell me a few uncuts to have ground but if you get this going I will most likely be unable to get the uncuts when im ready.
so if i lose a bility to get the uncuts than I hope a really exelnt set of cams come out becuase I will need NA and boost cams

#21 ·
I have a few sets of JWT VE cam blanks. I am undecided If I will actually do some of the hard Profile development to help them out or not. basically speed up the process. I have one large Lobe Profile I have done that has a lot of lift that barely needs a little rocker clearancing, but depends if they can match a good valve spring to it as the lobe may be a bit big.

#22 ·
Yeah i was going to work on ideas with tomei usa and have them do the grind. was wanting a vvl killer cam but than thought big ass little cam and sligtly larger high cam. but the origanal idea was to mill out the high cam lobe to decrease rotational mass and haf big TQ from a good flowing head.

I right now lack the funding for this and would most likely more money getting my single set made than any cam you might be able to get produced.

my funds are just rebuild the avenier in my turbo car after I buy the old 6spd p10 from the guy I helped get a ve and do a budget build for a dd

and so on the projects never end just my funding

#24 ·
is curt I ow 500$ on the other car and im sure charels if anyone else can get siad cams done first. just got to depend on his will to provide the next step. I beleave the cams I wanted to make if mas produced should sell for at least 1100.00 per set if he can help produce a great cam the race poeple will pay. average g20 peeps wont.
its about trying new things and setting new standerds real SR heads want in on but few will pay up hear.

i compleatly suport snikers want to do what he is doing as I want to do the same but lack the loot to try new things. I think its best if others took part and invested in another mans work so we may move forward

#30 ·
And on a second note, this should be tested on the HC 2.3's and 2.4's as those are your main guys that are going to pay this type of money for cams as long as they make power over the n1's and Kelfords.

Im sure if anyone can come up with a nice Race cam profile, JWT will be the ones to do it. These cams from the looks of it are not going to be for your basic stock internal VE's. Maybe a HC 2.0 at the least. The big bore and big bore/stroke guys are the ones that really need a cam that will prove itself and make the power it should. Because right now the Kelfords for $900 bucks are not a very good hp/dollar value. On Cory's 2.3 they only made 9whp over the n1's but they did hold the powerband out another 1100 rpm or so over the n1's. That was probably the biggest advantage of all.
I have a 2.2L built VE with 3 headers, 2 intake manifolds (fully ported N1 mani and Full custom) as well as 184C's, another custom Kelford Grind, and one other custom cam grind to test against. This engine has 12.2:1 comp, full ported head/headwork (285cfm IN) and also has a +2mm valve head with welded shrouded chambers (if i get around to finishing it)

There is a 2.3L being built locally that I will test on if I can, but if not, i'm not worried. There are several other 2.0L VE's with all the regular bolt ons as well as a semi built 2.0 High comp engine.

I am not worried about trying to sell these on the dash, and those interested will have to pay me personally to get these so 99% of people over there will not be in on this anyways because they wont want to deal with me... which is ok with me. I am just trying to do all this to get these made, and get them out there, then everyone else can buy direct from JWT and wont have to deal with me anyways.

Once I can test a set on the 2.2L and they make more power than the 184c's and are proven, I will probably pass them on to someone like Cory or Jamie to test.

I only want to keep pushing clark and Jim to actually get these made, then once they are made, everyone else can go buy them, and they can start making some bigger profiles.

Let me offer an opinion Ashton.

For this to come to fruition a certain someone is probably going to have to come up with money out of pocket to fund the project. Said person has been repeatedly burned and raped on the Dash.

Hence not posted on other forums per request.
^^^^YUP YUP

Just because I PERSONALLY do not want to deal with anyone over there, does not mean I will keep any thing locked up.. Once these are available to the public, Everyone on the Dash can go buy direct as I DO NOT want to be the middle man at all.

AGAIN I started this thread to find those that want cams and have cash NOW to fork out when needed because I have to buy a lot at once to get this going. This was never a "hey cams are ready" or "is there any interest" because there is interest, and the cams are not ready until I pay a few $$ for deposits.

#26 ·
And on a second note, this should be tested on the HC 2.3's and 2.4's as those are your main guys that are going to pay this type of money for cams as long as they make power over the n1's and Kelfords.

Im sure if anyone can come up with a nice Race cam profile, JWT will be the ones to do it. These cams from the looks of it are not going to be for your basic stock internal VE's. Maybe a HC 2.0 at the least. The big bore and big bore/stroke guys are the ones that really need a cam that will prove itself and make the power it should. Because right now the Kelfords for $900 bucks are not a very good hp/dollar value. On Cory's 2.3 they only made 9whp over the n1's but they did hold the powerband out another 1100 rpm or so over the n1's. That was probably the biggest advantage of all.

#32 ·
Happy I stumbled across this. I'm currently running the Kelfords for my 2.3ve but would love to see how this pans out. I will not say I am in right now but hopefully in the coming weeks I can make something happen. I would love to take part in something like this especially if we could pick up some more power to get us closer to the 300whp mark n/a. Good work. I've always been a fan of the madness you come up with.

#33 ·
Yeah, I wasnt trying to turn it into a dash vs gnet debate. Not at all. I knew you had issues over there and thats fine. Sucks to see you go away but it is what it is.

Im sure as this happens over the next couple months I would be willing to chip in just to help get this in the works and a reality. Im all for helping out with VE developement. I understand how it is for new product developement and having to front costs. Not as much as these cams are going to cost.

Ill keep an eye out on how this developes and moves along. One thing I do agree on is that we have not even begun with VE cam developement. Im sure there is a lot of power to be had with a proper set of cams. Again I dont think for the money the Kelfords are really worth the asking price for the little gain you get over a factory nissan cam. I do understand there are other obstacles in the way with the VE that hinder that developement too.

All in all, Great job and I really look forward to seeing how this turns out and if its really looking as though its a GO, I dont mind pitching in for developement or production of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.