pulley tensioner
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: pulley tensioner

pulley tensioner

pulley tensioner making noise, how I change this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

G20 Guru
    you could tighten it

ps pulley or alternator belt?

G20.net Staff
    Super Moderator
    There are no tensioner pulleys on a G20. The alternator and PS pump act as the tensioner for those belts. What sort of noise do you have? A loud screech or a slight squeak. When does it happen? (on startup, cold engine, hot engine, under load, revving the engine, etc.)

G20.net Staff
    Super Moderator
    I've got squealing at start up. Then again, it started after I had my GSpec crank pulley. Summer time not much of an issue, but cold & winter, yikes!

I guess ill have to make a video of it, and its basically all the damn time. I don't really know how to explain it honestly. It was just until it warmed up, not its a constant thing. If the car is under 2k rpm it doesn't make the noise once its warmed up though.

G20.net Staff
    Super Moderator
    You need to check your belt tension. Also, how old are your belts? Did you ever replace them when you got the car? If they've been squealing this long, and you don't know there age, then I'd consider changing them. With all the squealing going on for this long, the belt surfaces could now be glazed over, and no matter if you properly tension the belt, it will just squeal again. Unfortunately belts are one thing people overlook as something that needs to be replaced as regular maintenance.