Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

The official 2012 G20.net F1 thread

7K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  akuma810 
#1 ·
Well, figured it was time to get this going.. we're on the 4th race.

Last week's race was KICK ASS!! One of the best races I've seen in awhile in F1.

Anyone have any comments?

#3 ·
You are right.. it's not just the car. Look at Michael's team mates all those years.. Its not like his team mates were faster then him at most of the races (yes a few, but most Michael was smoking the entire field!!). I think Ross Brawn is a kick ass team manager! He knows how to win.. (even if he kind of cheated with the rules AGAIN!). He did it with Button a few years back, that's how Button won IMO.

#4 ·
I'd love to see micheal jump back into a Ferrari again and see what he can do. lol actually, it would be cool if somehow they could do a series with him behind the wheel of all the major contender's cars! Then we'd all see just how good he is. It would give each manufacture a true apples to apples comparison of how there cars stack up against each other. Hmmm, I'd wonder if he'd make more $$$ retiring and contract himself out doing this! lol but I know that each car is really tailored to the specific driver driving it like a tailored suit.

#6 ·
I agree with your comment at the end of that post you did.. each car is really tailored to the driver. Same thing with motogp, the bikes are really designed based on a specific riders style, same here in F1. I think they just need to continue the Mercedes, an Rosberg and Schumacher will continue to get faster. So much of this is about data collection and analysis. And Ross Brawn IS good at that.

#7 ·
I´m a long time F1 fan, mainly Ferrari.

#9 ·
From what I heard, someone threw a fire bomb near the Force India's trailer, and they decided not to do the last practice..and they weren't in Quali at all.

#10 ·
Hmm, what is the situation at this moment ?

#11 ·
As far as I could tell from watching Quali, all of the other teams are in and doing fine. It was just Force India that wasn't there.

#12 ·
Well, today's race was interesting. I will admit I'm a Hamilton fan, and he got screwed on the pit stops today (two of the 3!!) He should have finished around 4th.. but instead he finished 8th.

I have to say the mix in top finishers and manufactures has been pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the next race (3 weeks out, they have a break and one testing session).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.