Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Ecuuuu

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Dema 
#1 ·
My brother was telling me that there might be a way to reset my ECU so its like its reading everything for the first time. So itll pick up all my aftermarket parts and be tuned to them i suppose. iis this possible on a 99 g20t?

#5 ·
Slap your brother for me please. The stock ECU can only adjust so much for little things such as elevation change and temperature. Your stock ECU cannot adjust for large changes such as a cold air intake or header. Will you make power off these mods? Yeah but to get the full potential out of these mods you will need to get get a older chip-able ECU such as a 94-97 B14 ECU or a 94-96 P10 ECU. The B14 is a better match for the harness on a 99P11 though.

Your p11 is obd2. Just hook up a scan tool to the car and you can clear everything.
Has nothing to do with what he is asking about...

#18 ·
Slap your brother for me please. The stock ECU can only adjust so much for little things such as elevation change and temperature. Your stock ECU cannot adjust for large changes such as a cold air intake or header. Will you make power off these mods? Yeah but to get the full potential out of these mods you will need to get get a older chip-able ECU such as a 94-97 B14 ECU or a 94-96 P10 ECU. The B14 is a better match for the harness on a 99P11 though.

Has nothing to do with what he is asking about...
this^

i dont know much about tuning, but what about like an safcII?

you could make larger a/f adjustments than the stock ecu, no? no doubt nistune and other tuning options are better, but for a little more tunability (lol tell me that word doesn't look very strange) could the safcII fit the bill?

and by "you" i mean, "you should probably take it to a shop and let them tune it for you based on your mods because they know a lot more about tuning than you do."
As Hobbs said do some reading. All the information is out there and very easy to find. Our ECUs don't adjust to mods as well as DSMs or some other cars. Don't expect serious gains without any tuning other than stock ECU. Also, A/F's could be off with enough mods done and no tuning. If doing minor mods you can use SAFC in conjuction with stock ECU. If doing a VE swap or boost ,SAFC alone will not be enough to get the car running right unless running stock maf and injectors and low boost.
SAFC..... tunes based on maf voltage and Throttle position and RPM. BASICALLY safc allows you to make corrections to the injectors duty cycle and Trick your ecu into thinking its running a stock maf.lol THAT basically means it tricks your ecu into acting like its running a regular maf. you have a bigger maf, so you can meter more air, then u have bigger injectors which you send more fuel to. that means more power and the interface allows a easy dyno tune. why do ppl not like it for turbo or big boy bore applications? easy, it lacks options tuneable ecus have and its reliability is iffy at best.
why iffy?ts a piggy back system. it intercepts the sensors readings, modifys them so your ecu understands it and doesnt freak out and go into safemode. and allows you u to tune. a SAFC allows you to use a diffrent maf, difffrent injectors and allows a dyno tuner to get the best results out of your dyno runs based off the AFR during dyno runs.the tuner, tunes your safc over and over again while maintaining a safe afr for max power output. I have seen a RR p11 tuned with a SAFC ONLY on stock p11 ecu: t28, msd 50lb injectors, N62 maf and pulled over 300whp. its definitely possible. but like the saying, a mansion built out of crap is still built out of crap.

The SAFC is probably the cheapest way to tune for minor mods. You will also need a wideband obviously.
safc is cheap. its wacky too. my unit when i first installed it, would freeze. now thats not good if your relying on it to keep your injectors pumping gas while pushing 14psi. THATS why people dont like it and consider it for small tuning.the margin for error is safer on a smaller scale. other people hear other people dont like it. and just bash it because everyone else hates it already and dont know what they are really talking about.Its capable of tuning a turbo sr20 on its own with the right maf ratio and injectors. but i wouldnt dare trust it 100%
i dont think he needs a wide band, a perfect afr doesnt mean more power, you know this. thats what the dyno is for but its good to know afr's to see if there is a fuel system,intake system,exhaust issue.this guy doesnt even know what a wide band does probably. lol keep reading sean ull learn more

#11 ·
i dont know much about tuning, but what about like an safcII?

you could make larger a/f adjustments than the stock ecu, no? no doubt nistune and other tuning options are better, but for a little more tunability (lol tell me that word doesn't look very strange) could the safcII fit the bill?

and by "you" i mean, "you should probably take it to a shop and let them tune it for you based on your mods because they know a lot more about tuning than you do."

#13 · (Edited)
As Hobbs said do some reading. All the information is out there and very easy to find. Our ECUs don't adjust to mods as well as DSMs or some other cars. Don't expect serious gains without any tuning other than stock ECU. Also, A/F's could be off with enough mods done and no tuning. If doing minor mods you can use SAFC in conjuction with stock ECU. If doing a VE swap or boost ,SAFC alone will not be enough to get the car running right unless running stock maf and injectors and low boost.

#15 ·
to start the ecu triming from scratch I clear the self learning in data scan. but for some reason the version of data scan I have wont conect to 99 p11 ecu
are you in sothern NJ? if so I can do your ecu calibrating for upgrade maf injectors and what not if you get a nistune. we can also do a full dyno tune on the car at the shop im at to get the best possibly tune with what you have on the car

#20 ·
Lol it tells you u all of that in the instruction manual. And if your a sponser u can read my write up for 00+p11/b15's and learn even more about it there. Its a great device, nothing wrong with it really.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.