How to: Install Factory Fog Lights (P11)
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to: Install Factory Fog Lights (P11)

How to: Install Factory Fog Lights (P11)

Parts Supplied: Fog light (RH), Fog light (LH), Finisher (RH), Finisher (LH), Switch, Relay, Bolt (2), Spring nut (2)
    Tools Required: Flat blade screw driver, Phillips screw driver, 10 mm socket
    Notes: The ignition switch must be in the off position. With the ignition off, disconnect the negative battery ground cable. Leave the cable disconnected throughout the complete fog light kit installation.

Installation
    Remove the fascia opening finisher from the front bumper fascia by disengaging the (4) tabs on the backside of the finisher.

Insert the spring nut onto the bumper fascia flange, aligning the attachment holes.
    Caution: Ensure that the threaded side of the spring nut is on the rear of the flange.

Locate the gray 2-pin connector that is taped to the vehicle harness near the fog light opening. Remove the connector from the tape and plug it into the fog light.

To install the fog light, insert the (2) tabs on the outer side of the fog light into the slots in the bumper fascia. Secure the fog light with the bolt. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE BOLT.

Remove the (5) screws attaching the steering column finishers. Remove the upper finisher only.

Remove the factory turn signal/light switch. (2) screws.
    Save the screws for later reinstallation. Unplug the vehicle harness connectors from the switch. Discard the switch.

Locate the small white 3-pin connector taped to the vehicle harness above the switch attachment collar. Remove the connector from the tape and plug it into the new fog light/turn signal switch from the kit. Plus the vehicle harness connectors into the new fog light/turn signal switch. Install the new switch using the (2) screws previously removed. Replace upper finisher (5) screws.

In the engine compartment, remove the relay box cover located near the passenger side strut tower. Install the relay in the blue relay socket, 1st from the front on the inside row as indicated on the relay box cover. Replace the cover.

Notes: The fuse for the fog lights is pre-installed at the factory.
    Check the fuse box next to the battery to confirm the fuse has been installed.

When aiming is completed, install the fog light finisher by inserting the lower tab into the groove on the fog light housing. Snap the upper tab on the finisher into the slot on the fog light housing.

Fog Light Functional Check
    • The fog lights operate only in conjunction with the low beam headlights.
    • Turn on the low beam headlights.
    • With the low beams on, the fog lights should turn on and off with the fog light switch.
    • With the fog lights turned on, switch the low beams to high beams. The fog lights should turn off when the high beams are turned on.
    • With the fog lights turned on, switch the low beams to park lights only. The fog lights should turn off when the low beams are turned off to park lights only.

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

Fog Light Aiming
    Properly aimed fog lights require that the high intensity zones of the light beam are positioned 4” below the horizontal center line of the fog lights at a distance of 25 feet.
    Park the vehicle on level ground perpendicular to a wall 25 feet away.

Measure the vertical dimension (a) from the ground up to the center of the fog light. Subtract 4” from this vertical dimension. Mark this shorter dimension (b) on the wall directly in front of the vehicle; dimension (b) = vertical dimension (a) - 4”.
    The Phillips head fog light adjustment screw is near the lower inside corner of the fog light.
    Turn on the fog lights. Adjust the fog lights so that the top edge of the high intensity zone aligns with the dimension (b) mark on the wall.

nismoanticipating
    do all the parts come in the kit from infiniti parts usa

Originally posted by nismoanticipating
    do all the parts come in the kit from infiniti parts usa

Yes, including these instructions. I remade them just in case someone gets some without the instructions or buys them off someone, etc...

nismoanticipating
    Thanks D
    keep up the good work on all your how to posts
    they have helped me out a ton already

Nobody f's with the Jesus Yahnozha's Avatar
    Part Number: B6150-7J100

The best place to get this fog light kit is www.everythingg20.com
    P@ = Pat - No longer "The Man" - Odd greenish P11 Daily Driver (170K) - 01' Pathy 4x4

Any tricks, or method, on getting the "finisher" off?

Nobody f's with the Jesus Yahnozha's Avatar
    just pop it off with a flat head screwdriver
    P@ = Pat - No longer "The Man" - Odd greenish P11 Daily Driver (170K) - 01' Pathy 4x4

more specificaly, place flat head at BOTTOM of finisher. Push up and then out.

I had to replace the bulbs in mine. I broke one of the finishers trying to pry them off...
    Last edited by LoSt; Nov 10, 05 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt
    more specificaly, place flat head at bottom of finisher. Push up and out.
    Ah... I was thinking that applying force at perpendicular to back would work better? Basically popping it out from the back? However, I will go with your experienced method.

if you push up from bottom, you unhook that bottom tab. and pull it out. If you don't unhook it, tabs break if you just pry it out.... I know from experience

can someone confirm that all the wiring needed for the fog lights and the switch is already pre-installed on a G?

All of the wiring is already there for g20s that dont already have fog lights. You might have to reach around for the wires because it is taped so it won't hang. But the wires are there. Cut the tape and you will see the connection. There is a seperate switch that has to be installed with a control for the for lights. If you buy from everything20.com the kit will have the lights and the switch.

sweet - thanks..my wife is eager for her fogs

and those directions come with it as well, its really an easy install

looking for a can opener Jaralaccs's Avatar
    ill buy someones "finisher" off them, i dont want my fog lights
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaralaccs View Post
    its fun to do hoodrat shit with my friends

How much were you trying to pay for the finisher?

looking for a can opener Jaralaccs's Avatar
    20+shipping
    for both sides. seeing how they are worthless to you now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaralaccs View Post
    its fun to do hoodrat shit with my friends

G20 Senior Member
    I went out to do this this morning. Jacked the car up and everything, and went to reach for the wires, and the rain started pouring. Not amusing.

^^^That'll put a damper on your day.