Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

In the middle of a VE swap...

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  SR20? 
#1 · (Edited)
93.5 G20. I just got the VE today. Old motor and trans are out. Currently prepping engine and car. Just a few specific questions I haven't been able to find an answer to by searching...

On the VE throttle body there are 2 plugs where the DE throttle body only has one plug for TPS. Also, it looks like the VE uses a wax chamber like the Xterra/Frontier 3.3L. Do I use the VE throttle body or DE throttle body?

I'd also like to clean the intake and IACV since it looks pretty gross. Somebody did a poor job of resealing the valve cover, too. Anybody know where to find intake gaskets and valve cover gasket for VE? I work for Nissan so if you have part numbers I can probably order through motorsports for cheaper than anywhere online.

On the IACV the plugs look different from the DE motor. What do I do about this? Only use one plug or something?

Looking at using the VE A/C compressor, it looks identical to my P10 R-134a compressor. Can I use it? Are the plugs the same?

Why are there 2 fuel pressure regulators?

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I'll have a few more questions in the near future. Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
VE engines came with auto trans so one TPS plug is for the trans. You can use the VE TB and just one one of the plugs or swap a DE LP TB on you can keep cruise.

The IACV plugs swap and extend wires

The gaskets for VC are same as DE
Intake gasket are different and you can order. I do not know part numbers off top of my head though.

AC Comp you can use if the lines fit

The VE rail has a damper and a press regulator. Only one of them is a regulator. The one closest to the TB is the FPR. The other line that goes to the other Piece is the fuel inlet.

#7 ·
I've got a 93.5 G20. Originally had a highport DE. My harness has the brown plug and the gray plug.

I'm assuming I'll need to clip the gray plug and exchange it for the purple plug? May also need to lengthen both connector harnesses in order to reach the IACV.

For any one who cares:

14035-1N500 - Intake manifold gasket for VE
14032-1N500 - Plenum gasket for VE
16175-79S70 - Throttle body gasket (same as pretty much every 90s Nissan ever)
23785-2J200 - IACV gasket for VE

#9 ·
I read on the old SR20forum in chriscars write up that you can just deloom the IACV harness in order to get more length. I don't know, should I clip the plug and use VE IACV or try to use stock DE IACV?

What about the throttle body? I went to the junk yard yesterday and got a 99 P11 lowport throttle body. Looks almost identical to the VE throttle body except without the wax chamber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.