The main girlfriend aka the reason I'm broke
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: The main girlfriend aka the reason I'm broke

G20 Newbie

The main girlfriend aka the reason I'm broke

So I just joined this forum after getting a 2000 P11 as a daily, so I will just do a pix heavy bring up to date type thing, so you guys can see what I have going on.......

Started with a 1980 S110, but due to a fire in the shop due to a persons negligence and being dumb all the parts missing in these photos got burned up

so with S110 parts impossible to find at this point I can keep going on it and just patch her together all race car style or find something else since at this point since I have a bunch of parts collected such as my transmission and half paid on my engine.....

came across this

which I like the S12 more then the S110 I have owned both of them before so was kinda of a score

so it begins

a little rear end work

snack time

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

G20 Newbie

a little foam fill

a

oval port to round port adapters

a little head work

working on getting the front end together

decided to use different front knuckles for better geometry

which I just picked up last weekend

if you are on Ratsun.net or Maxima.org I have threads since the beginning and on Club-S12.org since I switched to the 86

Maybe use the s110 platform into the p11. RWD . Only seen 1 online. That Would be the tits!!!! Looks like the juniors (cats) are lovin it too.

^I was thinking the same thing about the cats.

G20 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MFNchip View Post
    Maybe use the s110 platform into the p11. RWD . Only seen 1 online. That Would be the tits!!!! Looks like the juniors (cats) are lovin it too.
    If I ever get though my other cars and decide to build the P11 other then just engine upgrades I would use a GTiR or X-trail GT trans on a SR20VET. The engine for the S110 was in the shop when it burned, and I already had sold the rods out of it to someone for their L/Z build

G20 Newbie
    New lower bracket is on order from BC hope it doesn't take to long to get here

Got steering rack mounts made this weekend

I can still get my starter out without taking it apart so that a plus

I did lose a few degrees of ackermans but I am going to leave it as a movable mount so I can dial some more in if needed for the hair pins....

G20 Newbie
    did some odds and ends this weekend, put the new fusible links that were needed in.

cleaned headlight switch

hooked up some power

found out that both my head light motors work, so thats a score just need to make some linkages for them still going back and forth on how I'm going to make them.... fully functional sleepy eyes would be cool but I already have enough to do with out having to make complicated parts....

have this ready for the plug I need to make for the new spline and double ujoints set up that I need to order

had some fun at 0.040 for job #2

"I can sits here with out being in the way"

started getting this set up, according to the rope I need a 9 foot hose made

"pet me I know you want to"

need to work out what to do with the wiring, the two small wires go to the ETS-PRO but the other two are the pressure switch to kick the pump on via relay, from what I can tell by what little I can find online I have one as a ground and one to ground the relay, with a switched power wire to control the power wire for the pump...... but it's something I want to for sure on since I don't want to fry anything on this cuz it's parts that are a bit hard to come by here.....

G20 Newbie
    Got some parts in last week.

just one more part for this stuff to get, but just getting a coupler to make sure I get the right size for the rack, this one (part in the bag) is to big so have the other one that it might be the right one on the way and once that gets here, if it is the right one I will return them and get the part I really need....

made the part I needed for the steering shaft to be welded in

new lower mounts for the coil overs came also

they are taller which is fine since I was kinda bummed with the S13 that I wouldn't have been able to go 4X4 stance at all

just need to make my tension rod bracket spacers to take care of the angle on the tension rod other then that, it's starting to look not to bad of angles

Also got started on this, have them all assigned to their seat, have some 400 grit on the way so when that gets here have another night of fire starting

pix before I do the last row

have some clean up to do from when the valve guides were done and the 400 grit on the seats then a run though the dish washer and put them together so I can figure out what buckets I need to order and the heads will be ready.

G20 Newbie
    Found the right spline for my steering rack so now have to send back the couplers and order the U joint I need for that then I should have all the parts for finishing up the steering other then tie rod ends which I want to work out how much of a spacer I can run on the inner tie rods to get a bit more angle if my rack will allow them, and get the knuckles so I can see how long they need to be.

for hubs I modified some rear S13s

"hmmmmm new parts box" "so what didn't you smell this sandwich"

test fitted the hubs

I just need to take a little more off the inside on the back side just to be sure it's not hitting on the CV shaft before the bearing, it wasn't but close so just to be on the safe side..... Then there is a matter of brake rotors which I am looking into a few options....

also took care of this issue on lil G this weekend

G20 Newbie
    took on my intake this weekend just some mild port matching and clean up

I did open this up a little on the back side

just a little ledge to get rid of

just need to drill and tap holes for throttle body and match that up and clean out runners and thats all set other then getting gaskets and matching those up

also have one of my adapter plates (oval to round port) all set but called it a night while the glue was setting that I used to glue the round port NWP spacer to adapter plate to lower intake so I can keep them all together in place while I finish porting so should have those down this week and then get the heads ran though the dish washer and start assembling them. Hope to get me credit bills paid down and start ordering lower end parts soon.