Need help!! Asap
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Need help!! Asap

G20 Senior Member

Need help!! Asap

I have 02 sport p11, soo i seen smoke coming from near alternator,then from my steering wheel,soo i notice the wire where my headlight swith was getting real hot and smoking soo i unplug everything, and got a brand new sticth installed,and still im having a electrical problem cause when i plug my battery my fogs turn on with out key in the ignition. Is weird.anyone had this problem please help. Also i put brand new starter and still wont turn on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

Lol. Thank the previous owners. I had to almost rewire the whole car when I got mine. Good luck man. Download the FSM from nicoclub and follow the electrical troubleshoot.

G20 Member
    Just my 2c here:
    before doing what MFNchip said, go under the dashboard and then under the car (wherever the smoke was coming from) and try to identify all the burned/crossed/naked wires.
    use some electrical tape and isolate everything (including bare wires that are not burned but might have the slightest chance of touching some grounded piece of metal)
    then do what MFNchip said

5. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like a mess. You are going to have to dig in and figure out what wires shorted or burnt out and why. Is there any evidence of an aftermarket stereo system or amplifier? Thats usually the cause.
    2010 Mazda MazdaSpeed 3 - Celestial Blue
    2000 Honda CR-V EX - The work horse!
    2002 P11 KH3 w/205k miles (SOLD!)

PAha bad stereo wiring . Maybe like a 16 gauge speaker wire to power the amp off the back of stock cd player then power to the rca jack from the back left speaker. Then when it ducking melts and shorts the accessory wire to ground and they go through rewiring everything back wrong in the process pull the battery cables for a couple days so the codes go away and put it up on Craigslist . Thats how I got mine. Best money I ever wasted. Love this thing.