code P0505
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: code P0505

G20 Newbie

code P0505

I need help, have this code, I know it's the idle control valve but it's costly and have read when some have replaced it it didn't solve the problem. Mine is not idling it stalls and is getting worse. It seemed to do it when the engine was hot but now seems most of the time. I can keep it going by brake torqueing it. While driving it's ok just when stopping at traffic lights etc. Any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

I'm guessing that you have a 2000+ P11. Pull the IAC plug and see if coolant has made it's way into it. Very common problem with them and usually burns up the stepper driver chip inside of the ECU. If it hasn't I would suggest bypassing the throttle body coolant line.
    1999 G20 - SR20VET : GTX3076R : 6 Speed : ORC 659D Twin Disc : Black Ops 1600cc : AEM Infinity 6 : E85
    2002 G20 - SR20RR : GTX2867R 16 Psi : RE4F03B Transgo HD Shift Kitted : 4x4 Injector setup : 3" Exhaust : Factory ECU + AEM FIC6 : E85

I got the 505 on WOT everytime and it was the spring was weak on the inside. Played with the spring a week then Pulled one from the scrap yard cut out a rubber fiber gasket and all good now. +2 on the bypass the coolant save you a lot of trouble.

5. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

G20 Newbie
    Thanks for the replies. I should have said it's a 1999 G20 4 cly

G20 Newbie
    Does anyone have info on this problem? The part is $200 and I have read that some have changed this and still had the problem. I don't want to waste money if I don't have too. Thanks for helping!