Help turbo replace!
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Help turbo replace!

Help turbo replace!

I was wondering if anybody can help me and give me a answer I'm planing on buy another p11 that have a gtir swap buy the current owner said that he's keeping the t28 turbo so I been looking for a replacement but I only found a couple of GT28t out of a sr20vet trail I ask one of the seller if I can use that turbo on a gtir engine without a problem but he told me that he has no idea so can anybody help me on this if it would work like safe for the engine or if I would have problems installing one of this on a gtir engine ? Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

VET has a different output (jpipe) flange. You would have to make a custom downpipe or Jpipe to make it work. You need a GTIR, S14, S15 turbo.
    1999 G20 - SR20VET : GTX3076R : 6 Speed : ORC 659D Twin Disc : Black Ops 1600cc : AEM Infinity 6 : E85
    2002 G20 - SR20RR : GTX2867R 14 Psi : RE4F03B Transgo HD Shift Kitted : 4x4 Injector setup : 3" Exhaust : Factory ECU + AEM FIC6 : E15

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KG20 View Post
    VET has a different output (jpipe) flange. You would have to make a custom downpipe or Jpipe to make it work. You need a GTIR, S14, S15 turbo.
    So if I make the custom downpipe I would be good to go? No other modifications?

5. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

G20 Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hemg009 View Post
    So if I make the custom downpipe I would be good to go? No other modifications?
    A t2 flange is a t2 flange, so the hotside will bolt up. You may need to clock the turbo depending which car you get the turbo from and how the previous turbo was clocked. Not hard to do, but you'll want to invest in some decent c clip pliers. Also the compressor housings of t28 turbos can be different, which means you may need to invest in a coupler that attaches the compressor outlet to the intercooler piping.

Some t28 turbos require an external oil restrictor, I know a GT28R that I had required one, so ask the seller if he has one on the line already. If you have the turbo clocked properly, there should be very minimal modification/bending to any of the coolant/oil lines to get them to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari21 View Post
    A t2 flange is a t2 flange, so the hotside will bolt up. You may need to clock the turbo depending which car you get the turbo from and how the previous turbo was clocked. Not hard to do, but you'll want to invest in some decent c clip pliers. Also the compressor housings of t28 turbos can be different, which means you may need to invest in a coupler that attaches the compressor outlet to the intercooler piping.

Some t28 turbos require an external oil restrictor, I know a GT28R that I had required one, so ask the seller if he has one on the line already. If you have the turbo clocked properly, there should be very minimal modification/bending to any of the coolant/oil lines to get them to fit.
    Thank you I appreciate your help!

I have a vet turbo for.sale . Manifold oil and water lines. J pipe. The whole thing $500. Let me know

G20 Senior Member
    Get the gti-r engine, take the turbo and anicallary things off. sell me the cylinder head. deal?