Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

I need help on Sony EQ XE-90MkII wirings

3K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  g20t94 
#1 ·
Folks!=)

Please help me out here. I freakin' couldn't find my wiring harness for my Sony XE-90MkII EQ and couldn't finish my audio set up. I refuse to pay Sony almost $50.00 for a piece of wires :( What a big freakin' reap-off!!! I just have to find out among the pins in the back of the EQ which one is for positive wires, for negative wires, and for remote-on. There are 5 pins on the back. 2 on the top and 3 on the bottom. Please specifically tell me these:

1st row (2 pins):

Left hand side? =
Right hand side?=

2nd row (3pins):

Left hand side?=
Middle?=
Right hand side?=

Thank you very much folks & I appreciate you all very much in advance ;)

#2 ·
I guessed no one could help me sooooo..., I helped myself.
I cracked the pinout dillema that I was having problem with.
My first diagnosis when I opened up the EQ were right on the target. But, I didn't want to assume that it was right at the first time by just looking at the circuits. I went the next step further that I'm sure is the only way to find out those shitski. I used my Adjustable DC power supply and did the test each pins by trial and error. I noticed that when I touch a wrong or ground wires with the leads, the voltage drops dramatically and you see tiny sparks :) I wasn't scared to get grounded, I've freakin got grounded since I was a kid up to adulthood several times, so I know how it feels and that's why I wasn't scared at all. The only thing I was scared of was to freakin fry the pcb board. Anyway, here's the results;

1st row (2 pins):

Left hand side? = could be ground also?
Right hand side?= Ground

2nd row (3pins):

Left hand side?= either remote-on or power when the ignition is
on

Middle?= either remote on or power when the ignition is on

Right hand side?= either remote on or power when the ignition is on

I'll let you know guys when I test it in the real scenario(possibly hook it up maniana, if weather permits) which one is really the pos. and the remote on.

=)

#3 ·
I found even better than what I freakin' improvised..., I freakin' found the original wires under the head unit. I'm freakin' a senile! That's why I kept asking myself, how the freakin' way I could loose a blue, yellow, and black wires 2 feet long with fuse holder with it??? I was right on the spot anyway when I opened and diagnosed the circuits. Well, I proved to myself that whatever I learned from tech school long time ago never faded. Oh yeah!
Hey! don't call me stupid! That's senility! :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.