Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
2M views 26K replies 203 participants last post by  Dane 
#1 ·
I'm not quite sure when it started, but a few of us NWG20's have been meeting for dinner, chat and whatever for a while now. We've missed a few weeks here and there, but have managed to keep it going fairly well. It's usually Colin (trbobrk), Charles GT20iR), and myself. However, we'd love to see any of the NWG20's there. We don't have a set day/time, but thus far it's been Thursdays around 7pm. And as for location, it's usually around the Southcenter area.

We're going to start posting pictures from each mini meet for your viewing pleasure...

#941 ·
GT20iR said:
hehe, I got most of my intake manifold done yesterday... i'll post some pics of her tomorrow. she's tacked together but not finish welded yet. 80mm T/B too....
so if i wanted to upgrade my manifold.....would i have to change turbo and other things.....or could i just get a bigger manifold that will bolt to my t25? i'm just curious cause i love the look of those tubular manifolds and not having an ugly heatshield!

#942 ·
I've purchased the last parts I need for some of my super top secret upgrades. I don't want to tell anyone what I'm doing yet, until I post pics/etc. That way, nobody copies me too early. NWG20 have to set trends!

A few more weeks, and she'll be done! I'm still waiting for two parts from Japan...grrr...

#947 ·
PrimeraRob3 said:
Locally, I'm not sure. I do know that JGY offers some cryo treating. You might just want to call a local Seattle or Portland tuner shop, and ask for some leads... Good luck!
92g20Red said:
Tim you should talk to Wes about your tranny business....he might be able to help you out....and plus he is very good at what he does! there are only about a couple people i would let work on my car and he is one of them!
cool, i'll make a few rounds of calls today.

#948 ·
92g20Red said:
so if i wanted to upgrade my manifold.....would i have to change turbo and other things.....or could i just get a bigger manifold that will bolt to my t25? i'm just curious cause i love the look of those tubular manifolds and not having an ugly heatshield!
Getting a tubular turbo manifold for your car with a T25 isnt worth the time or money, get a bigger turbo at the same time, a GTiR mani and a GT2871 is a great setup...

#949 ·
Wassup, wassup guys! Just dropping by. Hope all is good with the NWG20s. Its been a while since i last signed on. There was over 16000 new posts! lol Anyway, just thought i'd give you all an update. The Cobra got sick and was abused by some jealous mofo. It was a sweet car but a big waste of money. I am now driving a silver.... ;)

#950 ·
PnoyG20t said:
Wassup, wassup guys! Just dropping by. Hope all is good with the NWG20s. Its been a while since i last signed on. There was over 16000 new posts! lol Anyway, just thought i'd give you all an update. The Cobra got sick and was abused by some jealous mofo. It was a sweet car but a big waste of money. I am now driving a silver.... ;)
its a silver audi isnt' it? probably a4...am i right?

#952 ·
GT20iR said:
Getting a tubular turbo manifold for your car with a T25 isnt worth the time or money, get a bigger turbo at the same time, a GTiR mani and a GT2871 is a great setup...
yes but i've seen the gtir mani's and they look ugly like the bb's and you have to have a heatshield don't you? when or if i upgrade turbo i want to get a sick lookin tubular SS manifold of some kind....but i would probably only get that if i got the T3 turbo!

#958 ·
Ok boys and girls, thanks to the help of my pal GT20iR, the JWT S3 cams are in, the new valve cover is on, and the Walbro fuel pump is pumping. We took it on a test ride up and down Hwy 167, and it was amazing. I can definitely feel th difference with the cams. It's still set at stock boost (5spi).

After the run, we took it back to my garage to install the boost controller. However, we ran into a snag...it won't start. We're 99.9% sure that the problem is with the fuel pump, so we're going to tackle it tomorrow.

When the dust settles, we're going to boost it up to 10, maybe 15psi. And then...hang on. It's fast at 5psi. So 10-15psi is going to be just nuts for me. I'm guessing somewhere between 300-350whp. We shall see... I'm going to represent for the AT crowd, and find out just how much HP an auto can handle!

I'm not going to post any engine bay pictures until it's 100% finished. There are still a bunch of little cosmetic things I'm working on, the new seats to toss in, and some suspension stuff that has not yet arrived from The Land of the Rising Sun. She should be done within the next 2-3 weeks!

I'm getting pretty pumped...