We're on Wikipedia so is Koojo's site!
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're on Wikipedia so is Koojo's site!

We're on Wikipedia so is Koojo's site!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti_G20
    scroll down to the links at the bottom

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

G20.net Staff
    Super Moderator
    Cool! LOL though, they put the G35 on the same line as our G20's as 'Compact Car'

theres a lot of ppl on here that have contributed
    to the content on there in the G20/Primer section

Quote Originally Posted by njprimera
    theres a lot of ppl on here that have contributed
    to the content on there in the G20/Primer section
    It has changed from nothing to a nice resource for sure.

It failed "Good Article" status but I think that was just for some wiki users are being jerks...

Quote Originally Posted by ZoliElo
    It has changed from nothing to a nice resource for sure.

It failed "Good Article" status but I think that was just for some wiki users are being jerks...
    Hey guys, I haven't posted on here in eons (although I still read through posts quite a bit) - but I noticed this thread regarding the G20 Wiki.

I was disappointed to see that it hadn't achieved "good article" status, too. Also, I was disappointed to see that some wiki user named "IFCAR" had taken it upon himself to change up the pics on the G20 article. I'm not obsessed with the idea that my car needs to be the 'representative' G20 - but he used a picture of a random G20 he took in a parking lot, sort of a poor angle, as the primary photo. It was a nice enough G20, but the front wheels were so coated in brake dust, they were entirely black. Would an encyclopedia entry on a car use such a photo?

So, to make a long story short, I posted a pic of my car as the intro and the P11 model. I just think it looks cheesy to have a low-quality pic (of a very dirty car in a parking lot) as the representation on a wiki. (One of the G35 pics was obviously taken with a cell phone-camera.) He also changed the P10 photo to another "in the wild" parking-lot pic he snapped.

I was thinking someone could submit a nice pic of their P10 (released to 'public domain') and if anyone would like to see a different header or P11 model pic, then submit stock P11 pics, too. Again, it's not all about my car - I just want the article to have high-quality shots, not crappy, brake-dust laden, parking-lot pics. Any takers?

nice.. at least it describes the car and everything about the g20, lifestyle , love etc.. in a "non ricer" way.

I've been digging a little deeper, and apparently, the wiki user IFCAR is obsessed with replacing people's car pics with his own snapshots, which are usually blurry parking lot pictures of less-than-ideal subjects. He already took my pic off the wiki once saying the angle of the shot was 'redundant'. I don't want to get in a wiki pissing-match, but why does he troll around messing with entries like that? Anyway, we could use this thread to post possible article pics - that is, if anyone is interested. Hate to rain on IFCAR's parade.

I was just thinking about giving his pic some time so he moves on then changing it back.

I know that that wiki is for everyone to add to but... Yeah I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Mack20
    I've been digging a little deeper, and apparently, the wiki user IFCAR is obsessed with replacing people's car pics with his own snapshots, which are usually blurry parking lot pictures of less-than-ideal subjects. He already took my pic off the wiki once saying the angle of the shot was 'redundant'. I don't want to get in a wiki pissing-match, but why does he troll around messing with entries like that? Anyway, we could use this thread to post possible article pics - that is, if anyone is interested. Hate to rain on IFCAR's parade.
    - thats gay...is he on g20.net??

Quote Originally Posted by amek
    - thats gay...is he on g20.net??
    Not that I know of. His wiki profile says that he drives a Kia minivan. He's made it his hobby to a) snap grainy photos of every kind of car he sees in parking lots and then b) piss people off by replacing their wiki photos with his "better" ones.

And the only reason why I posted my car on there for now was due to the strict image licensing policy...I knew I could say my images were released to PD, but I didn't want to steal a pic from G20.net without anyone's permission first.

And yeah, Zoli, you're right. I should have just waited, but the pic was so terrible I just got a little hot under the collar. A few weeks from now he'll be trolling his way to another article.

why dont we throw a sport model in there

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly
    why dont we throw a sport model in there
    Yeah, why not. The article should have comparison photos of sport models (interior and rims, possibly) compared to non-sport trims.

Plus, IFCAR's P10 photo sucks, it definitely needs replacing. The car is in good shape, but the photo is pretty poor. If anyone wants to edit the site, it's pretty easy - you just have to create a login if you want to upload photos.

Added gallery with an example from the User-created public domain images.

And really, people feel free to change the photos (my feelings won't be hurt).

WCMIII/SR2012 FLAKER Cesarin_se-r's Avatar
    That IFCAR do0d is a FawkTard. Those pictures that were previously posted on wiki were nice pics.

btw, Cant ppls report this Fawktard that goes by the name of ifcar on wiki.

I say we just keep changing the pictures until this dude gets tired of changing them back

Quote Originally Posted by Cesarin_se-r
    Cant ppls report this Fawktard that goes by the name of ifcar on wiki.
    Well, his comments page is full of complaints from people he's pissed off. He really has posted an ass load of terrible pics on Wikipedia. They're all cars he's spotted in lots, and it seems like he's taking the pics at the lowest quality setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Koojo
    I say we just keep changing the pictures until this dude gets tired of changing them back
    I did that for a while, and then I left a comment on his 'talk' page saying pretty much "thanks but no thanks, your pictures suck" (except not quite as rude). He wrote back saying he wouldn't anymore. Apparently there's a Wiki "rule" that the intro pic for a car article should be a 3/4 view from the front of the vehicle. I posted such an angle of my car, and he said it was fine. As if he was the authority. Still though, I'm up for anyone's G on the site - there are plenty of awesome cars on this board...I just wanted anything but IFCAR's crap on there for now.

Someone keeps deleting the paint code and tuning sections.

There seems to be some BS discussion of the deletion of those sections somewhere - I have asked for a link so that I can keep the information that seems of value.

What do you guys think?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti_G20

awesome. very informative.

Tuning section does seam a bit wierd for an encyclopedia. Paint codes does make sence though. That ifcar guy seams like a jerk.