what'd you do to your G20 today? - Page 434
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: what'd you do to your G20 today?

G20 Senior Member
    left her for the week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

Top5DOA
    Gonna drive her till its empty. Then tuck her away at my friends house untill I have enought to off tickets. Its cruel but it is what it is

G20 Guru
    tickets for what? so it doesnt get booted or towed? its cruel... i'd let you store it at my place if you could

Top5DOA
    It attracts too much attention, I'm going to pay tickets then boost it lol. I have so many boost parts though, just need a ecu, tune and random stuff

Custom title !!!!!yay
    sorry to hear Dema, tickets suck but they happen..swap it to 5 speed if its parked anyway

G20 Member
    just got a call from the stealership and found a whole mess of problems. . . ugh discouraging enough I'm thinking about getting rid of gianna. . .she can't last as a DD and I don't have the time to put her down to work on her. . . .

G20 Senior Member
    ^^Turn the DD into a weekend racecar w/ boost?

G20 Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loopole2 View Post
    ^^Turn the DD into a weekend racecar w/ boost?
    nah, i like her as a DD. that way everyday people can see me and how much better my 17 yr old car is better than most contemporary cars today.

Top5DOA
    That's the spirit

Changed oil.

drained oil, anti freeze, power steering fluid & took the hood off
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola Tesla
    I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything

G20 Member

Went in for my air con. Came out with this.
    If I counted correctly 6,569 bucks. No thanks. I have a G20.net account. Haha
    Just need to find the time . .

G20.net Staff
    Super Moderator
    Yikes!! Well, I can tell you that you can get complete LCA's for about $230 (or slightl less based on exchange rate) shipped to your door in less than a week from ordering them from SAPMOTORPARTS from the UK. I've posted a few threads already with all the details. If your UCA's are in need of replacing, then you might as well order them at the same time.

For your AC, get the UV dye test done. If you've got a P11, then from my AC issues, I had leaks in all three hoses. I first replaced the one with the rubber hose. Leaking from the crimps. I bought a new one from everythingg20. The other two hard lines have pinhole leaks, that my mechanic was able to use stop leak on but he did say it was a temp fix, which was true. The location of the pinhole leaks were (a) underneath a clamp holding the line in place that runs along the lower rad support. Which makes sense, water trapped between the steel clamp and the white metal line would setup a galvanic corrosion between the two. I scored a replacement line from a partout car. The other location was on the line running underneath the battery tray. Again, pinhole leaks. I happened because of acid corrosion from crud forming on my battery terminal and when I would clean it off, I wouldn't think anything of it to allow the rinse water dripping down. The shop I took my car to Diagnose the issue, installed the first leaking line charged me $120 inc. r134. Once I swap out the other two lines myself, it'll probably be another $40 to recharge the system. My suggestion, you might as well get yourself a new drier/accumulator as well. Rockauto or even eBay has them for under $10.

Power Steering hose, my leak was the Pump, not the hose, but I replaced my hose first. Again, quite a few threads on how to do this. I may just sell off my original hose.

Distributor leak. I just noticed this on my car. A $5 (only $3 in the US) O-ring & 5 minutes, and it's done.

Motor mounts, again, a DIY project. You can DIY solid prothane mounts for the two crossmember for around $60. For the passenger & drivers side mounts, get OEM. For OEM parts, check out infinitiesc's thread.

If you've got a local independent shop you trust, I'm sure you can have them bleed the brakes with new fluid for $60. Maybe more if you go with a better fluid.

Wow, it's almost 5am! I'm going to bed! Lol

BTW, with all the $$ you save from the tips I've given you, along with the uber cool HowTo's from other members, You'll be able to sponsor up for the next five years without batting an eye! lol

G20 Member
    Finished this last night. Had an extra dual with broken tabs laying around and figured id give it a shot. Loving how it came out. Now its time to order my duals for the AR2 and finish them up. Ill get some more pics later and ill possible start a write up. These are Morimoto minis i bought off a member on here.

Trial on the JW0. You can see how much the dr side glares compared to the projector on the pass side.

Nice cutoff

G20 Senior Member
    good for you man!
    the more I see projectors on duals
    the more it grows on me.
    came out mint

G20 Senior Member
    <3 projectors in my duals

G20 Member
    Yea i like em. Is still got a few more thing to do to them to install them in my other set of duals. I was gonna do the dual projectors but that i think is just a waste of money.

Replaced spark plugs, changed the Injen air filter on the Injen CAI for a Blox velocity stack with K&N big filter. Makes a noticeable difference. Sold a Koyo rad.
    STORED: WP11-144: VE, B15 LSD swap, DV9, SS/AS exhaust 2.5'-2.25'. AEM ATE B15-Rad B&A BC-Racing BF-Goodridge Bosch Brembo Bride-Brix-II Cusco D-1 DEI Dietz ES Fastbrakes Flexalite Greddy H&R Injen Innovate JWT Magnaflow NGK Nismo Nology Optima Progress Project-Kics Rays Sachs SCE Sparco SSAC Stillen Taylor Valvoline. DD: Hyundai Santa Fe 2001 AT 4WD V6 2700 cc.

G20.net Staff
    Super Moderator
    This is Loek's first factory scheduled spark plug change; his car has finally reached 100,000 km!!! Lol

No. I´m on 165000 kms now. You should see the car....
    And these are my´spare´plugs, Lou, waiting on a new set of NGK Irridiums 6 to arrive.

LOL.
    STORED: WP11-144: VE, B15 LSD swap, DV9, SS/AS exhaust 2.5'-2.25'. AEM ATE B15-Rad B&A BC-Racing BF-Goodridge Bosch Brembo Bride-Brix-II Cusco D-1 DEI Dietz ES Fastbrakes Flexalite Greddy H&R Injen Innovate JWT Magnaflow NGK Nismo Nology Optima Progress Project-Kics Rays Sachs SCE Sparco SSAC Stillen Taylor Valvoline. DD: Hyundai Santa Fe 2001 AT 4WD V6 2700 cc.