Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1M views 12K replies 82 participants last post by  95g ATL 
#1 · (Edited)
#11,675 ·
ahhhhh, a little update on the job thing.

I am sitting at work, cracked open a beer and drinking it. Yes indeed. We have soft drinks AND bottled beer in the frige for anyone to drink. All types of snacks are also included, everyday, for free. Love it.

Also got approached by another firm wanted to see if i am interested in pursuing a corporate controller position for a large law firm in Midtown. Awesome, huh.

have a great day guys!

#11,684 ·
Ugh...damn, I am tired. Too much work and not enough play.

Still loving the SX...24-25mpg, and got its first V8 kill. Granted it was a convertible GT from the late 90's with the weak 4.6L...but the dude was riding my ass as I turned on the road that leads to my subdivision, and the Optima ate the 'Stang alive. I kicked it, he kicked it (saw his headlights rare up) - and the little Kia pulled 10+ lengths on him before I let off.

Gotta get to the dealer this weekend...need to get the first (free) oil change.

#11,686 ·
Yeah...I am sure it wasn't competition. My SX wouldn't be competition for the 37. I know my limits...and the SX's limits. About the only 'common' Acura we might have to fear is the previous generation of TL-S. Had a TSX try to chump me last night on the way home...pitiful slaughter. Morons gotta realize that dark window tint and big chrome wheels don't make that NA 4-banger under the hood of most TSX's any more powerful.

I know my Optima is just a sport-tuned family sedan...and not really fast. But it is pretty quick in the midrange...so if it is fast at all, I'd say it's sneaky fast. It's fast/quick enough that one push on the 'go' pedal at the wrong time will get me one helluva ticket. It sneaks up to 65 in a certain 45 zone on my drive home before I even realize it...

#11,687 ·
I can't imagine a gtr. Power must be unreal. Too much car for me.
If.I get a bonus I'm hoping for next month at work...I will offer to buy Gerard's Nova and turn it into a 1/4 mi beast. LOL.

#11,689 ·
wow. 920 hp is far too much for me.

I'm still waiting for Gerard to move his Nova. cash in my pocket waiting for that fair deal for both parties. As stated previously, the nova would be an 1/8 mi or 1/4 mi slut. Would love to break into the 12-12.5 range, just do not know if that is feasible under the current setup (adding gears).

I suspect for certain, If I was to obtain the Nova, engine and trans would be pulled...(hate leaks). I would add aluminum high flowing heads and another cam, change the stall in the trans (fix the horrid leak of course), and swap 4:11 or 4:56 gears.

of course if there were no leaks, i would run the bitch as-is. :lol:

#11,691 ·
Gerard's motor is built, make no mistake. It's an easy 400 crank horsepower, perhaps as high as 450. I'm a perfectionist, hence leaks, dirt, and lack of paint on an engine/trans would drive me nuts. Thus the motor/trans would have to be pulled and resolved. While at it, why not spend $1300-$1500 +/-on a head/cam combo and push horsepower even further up the scale. With the right combo, i could see 500+ horsepower without much effort. A few hours of resealing and some paint, perfection!
:)

#11,692 ·
If that car is 400hp...then it should run mid-high 12's easily. If tuned properly...my Cutlass should run mid-12's on 3.55 gears. I wouldn't run 4.XX's unless I had an OD transmission in it...even in a mostly strip car.

#11,693 ·
I believe the nova would run low 12's if he had gears. Probably 13 as-is. 2:73 suck for quarter mile times.

doubt if we will ever know for certain.....
considering it needs a radiator and misc stuff to be road worthy again.

#11,695 ·
I was reading that the new boss 302 is a sub 4 second 0-60 machine. Wow. That is better than the Corvette!

I'd still consider a base model GT 5.0. If I could get a 2013 GT for under 30k w/leather, it would be tempting. With the optional 3:73s and DR tires, rumors have it in the 11's.
My apprehension is always ....do I need something like that and can I afford tickets n jail time.

#11,696 ·
My 6-second 0-60 machine runs fast enough to land me in jail...I don't need anything faster. Hell...can't use the power it's got most of the time for the mindless sheep in my damn way...

#11,701 ·
I know they are out there...while I was laid off I gave serious thought to becoming a slum lord. Buy up a few cheap houses...get them rented...and not work.

****...we need to have a beer night one sometime soon...

#11,703 ·
i haven't seen or heard from Gerard forever.
Saw ronny a couple weeks ago, but nada for Gerard. LOL.

Mowed lawn this afternoon, boy, grass grows fast when it rains. Very very green too.

hope yall are doing well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.