Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1M views 12K replies 82 participants last post by  95g ATL 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
We just need to find a place to store the project car during and after the build up.
I say we keep it at G's. He is kinda in the center of all of us, please his HOA won't give him nonsense about storing it. =)

#4 ·
It's the commander general you are worried about. :lol:
I know my HOA would crap a brick, so I can keep it here. The other suggestion would be a storage facility...about $40 a month uncovered to $125/mo for a 10X20 garage.

I was hoping the project would be running/driving/street legal...so we wouldn't have to rent or buy a trailer. YES, V6 3.4 liter.

#5 ·
I'd love to but I can't even afford my own at the moment... Strangely enough, Erik and I know the guy selling the second two! His name is Dalton. If you guys are seriously interested I could have Erik call him and see what's up...

#8 ·
call me a dumbass, but i also sent brian a link to an 84 cutlass. the engine is up front, the drive wheels are in the back... just add a four speed and go. big aftermarket too. or, what about a nissan 240? we could do a v8 swap and get a non-emissions county address person to help us out. :)

#9 ·
You guys could use Wilma (my S13) if you want a 240. You guys have seen her though; she's kind of a piece :-\

Sorry Pops, the girls left this afternoon.

I'll tell Erik to call Dalton once you fucks make up your minds ;)

#10 ·
You guys could use Wilma (my S13) if you want a 240. You guys have seen her though; she's kind of a piece :-

Sorry Pops, the girls left this afternoon.

I'll tell Erik to call Dalton once you fucks make up your minds ;)
gosh dammit....!!! i wanted pics. next time give me notice and i'll dye my hair..oh, i'll wear my hairpiece and come over. :lol:

The 240 may be an idea...that would be cheap, just do the clutch job on her.

hmmmm....

#11 ·
the 240 is way too hurt to race her. i would not want to see wilma go down asunder like that. i would def. be interested with the g20's for racing. it'd be good experience for all of us.

when i get around to getting a house, we'd be able to store it there, since it's quite obvious me getting a girlfriend and even more unlikely a wife anytime soon is out of the picture.

#12 · (Edited)
darnit....i wanna race wilma. You really think she'll die on the track, even if we kinda baby her?

EDIT: One more thing....Ronnie, can you install a VE in an automatic 1999 G20??? ....without doing any major items. I want to say YES, b/c the only thing that is really different between auto/manual is the bellhousing/flywheel...right? Let me know...I have my eye on a 1999 auto. ;)

#13 ·
the frame is rusted to hell. there are holes all over the place. it's been abused beyond belief. she'd do ok for maybe 4 or 5 amateur parking lot drift sessions, but after that i'm pretty sure the wheels will no longer sit evenly on the ground. she's good for daily driving, but not much else at this point. i'm just happy she can still get 34 mpg after i tuned her up.

#14 ·
oops....edited my ABOVE posted while you wrote the above. Please read my previous post above about a VE in an automatic G20. Thx. =)

Gotcha on the 240...we'll find a p10 then. =) Gerard, where are you buddy...your phone is turned off.

#16 ·
coolness. I 'may' go look at an automatic p11 early next week. Tempting to have an auto p11 that has a little power and gets good fuel economy to rotate in with the g35...for daily. Shifting in traffic tends to "suck" with the p10.

Are you referring to Level 10 on the auto rebuild? The 20v motor is 204hp at the crank...with a SSAC 2.5" header, pullies, and 2.5" exhaust...perhaps 190whp? Should be plenty...

-----------------------------------------------

As for the p10 track car....if we could pick up one for $1000 or less; put in a clutch & cable ($150); new tires ($250); used header ($100); tune & fluids ($100); and misc ($200)...we'd have $1800 in it. Split 3 or 4 ways and we are golden...just whoever breaks it while on the track, fixes/pays for it if it's their fault --IE: crash or throws a rocker from mechanical over-rev. ;) I want to update my brakes again on my p10 and I could donate them...they only have maybe 20k miles on them...brembo crossdrilled & slotted rotors on all four corners. I'm sure we can find other used parts if the track car needed something replaced....perhaps forum members will donate their old parts for the cost of shipping. We could even advertise G20.net on the car, with the admin's approval....

Probably want to gut most of the interior with the exception of the two front seats...could sell the parts to fund the project too.

This is DEFINITELY a cheap way of getting to autoX a car b/c we split the costs...and just take turns on the driving. One of us can ride shotgun and we can rotate that as well.

#18 ·
my phone: it was left on the other side of atlanta three weeks ago. i just got it back an hour ago. i'm flooded with VMs and TXTs, lol.

wilma: time for a tubular chassis with V8 swap :cool:

this is gonna be hawt. we can totally represent gnet on the hood of the car or something. we can paint it like a pearl harbor bomber plane, coz you know, it's japanese. :cheeky:

#19 ·
You guys realize I talked to Harry, the owner of that cream G20, and have somehow convinced him not to sell that G and to replace the engine with a JDM one:-\. As far as the other 2 Gs for a g?.....I talked to Dalton already about those a couple of months ago and my little bro is thinking of getting em:paranoid:

Also, im in the process of buying this G in Mary's Land to have it towed to Mike's in Dela's wares to get some lovin:naughty:. But you slackers let me know wassup and I'll see if i can hook ya'll up with one:smile:

http://g20.net/forum/showthread.php?p=907368&posted=1#post907368

#31 ·
i don't think i'd ever be able to beat the sub-10 record.

i just called on that 99 p10 auto for $3k...sold.
there's another one for $3600...nice black one. It's been for sale for 2 mo now b/c has an idling issue. Probably MAF, IVAC, or something like that. If I can get it for $3k or so, cool. I'm calling in a few...

UPDATE: the black one for $3600 is still available...I have him negotiated over the phone down to $2800. The CEL light is on and he says the code is for the MAF. He is 80 miles from me...what a drive!!! Looks like i'll be driving up on Christmas day to take a look at it. $2800 with 118k miles on the clock. =)

might end up with a p11 ... ;)
damn dude, one second it was $500 and now it's $3600? lol... tell you what, you can put your business and max can put his band across the body panels and sponsor the whole shebang. :naughty:

#30 · (Edited)
i just called on that 99 p10 auto for $3k...sold.
there's another one for $3600...nice black one. It's been for sale for 2 mo now b/c has an idling issue. Probably MAF, IVAC, or something like that. If I can get it for $3k or so, cool. I'm calling in a few...

UPDATE: the black one for $3600 is still available...I have him negotiated over the phone down to $2800. The CEL light is on and he says the code is for the MAF. He is 80 miles from me...what a drive!!! Looks like i'll be driving up on Christmas day to take a look at it. $2800 with 118k miles on the clock. =)

might end up with a p11 ... ;)

#35 ·
the best cars to auto-x are miatas, mini coopers, and lotus elise/exige in my opinion. the smaller, the more nimble, the better. between the three or four of us, we can really make any car we want "fast". but relying on the natural dynamics of a vehicle for their suspension is where you really save money and time. we won't have to "dial in" for a car that handles naturally well due to it's original suspension design and weight distribution (aerodynamics will hardly affect our performance since we really won't be going any faster than 60-70 if we get a course with some good straights.). but of course i still love the idea of a g20, because there aren't very many other FF cars that can naturally handle so well. and i know a few people that have built their g20's to keep up with m5's and m3's on the track pretty well, without putting too much money in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.