good ol' jawja boys... - Page 585
G20.net is the premier Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: good ol' jawja boys...

black folk like fried chicken.
    '13 accord; ** b14 VVL Track Car **
    Chevy Tahoe; 66 c10; & some tractors.
    - sent from a whorehouse pay phone in Mexico

2. Remove Advertisements
    G20.net
    Advertisements

Gerard likes bofe. he hunts them down himself.

G20.net Staff
    Super Moderator
    OMB, you bought a GT-R yet?

G20 Guru
    Ugh...damn, I am tired. Too much work and not enough play.

Still loving the SX...24-25mpg, and got its first V8 kill. Granted it was a convertible GT from the late 90's with the weak 4.6L...but the dude was riding my ass as I turned on the road that leads to my subdivision, and the Optima ate the 'Stang alive. I kicked it, he kicked it (saw his headlights rare up) - and the little Kia pulled 10+ lengths on him before I let off.

Gotta get to the dealer this weekend...need to get the first (free) oil change.

Hahaha. Nice Frank. I killed an Acura the other night w the 37. Wasn't even competition

G20 Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 95g ATL View Post
    Hahaha. Nice Frank. I killed an Acura the other night w the 37. Wasn't even competition
    Yeah...I am sure it wasn't competition. My SX wouldn't be competition for the 37. I know my limits...and the SX's limits. About the only 'common' Acura we might have to fear is the previous generation of TL-S. Had a TSX try to chump me last night on the way home...pitiful slaughter. Morons gotta realize that dark window tint and big chrome wheels don't make that NA 4-banger under the hood of most TSX's any more powerful.

I know my Optima is just a sport-tuned family sedan...and not really fast. But it is pretty quick in the midrange...so if it is fast at all, I'd say it's sneaky fast. It's fast/quick enough that one push on the 'go' pedal at the wrong time will get me one helluva ticket. It sneaks up to 65 in a certain 45 zone on my drive home before I even realize it...

I can't imagine a gtr. Power must be unreal. Too much car for me.
    If.I get a bonus I'm hoping for next month at work...I will offer to buy Gerard's Nova and turn it into a 1/4 mi beast. LOL.

G20.net Staff
    Super Moderator
    I can't imagine a gtr. Power must be unreal. Too much car for me.
    If.I get a bonus I'm hoping for next month at work...I will offer to buy Gerard's Nova and turn it into a 1/4 mi beast. LOL.
    Man up and get this: http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/dr...12-shelby-1000

wow. 920 hp is far too much for me.

I'm still waiting for Gerard to move his Nova. cash in my pocket waiting for that fair deal for both parties. As stated previously, the nova would be an 1/8 mi or 1/4 mi slut. Would love to break into the 12-12.5 range, just do not know if that is feasible under the current setup (adding gears).

I suspect for certain, If I was to obtain the Nova, engine and trans would be pulled...(hate leaks). I would add aluminum high flowing heads and another cam, change the stall in the trans (fix the horrid leak of course), and swap 4:11 or 4:56 gears.

of course if there were no leaks, i would run the bitch as-is.

G20.net Staff
    Super Moderator
    lemme know when you want me to build the motor for you

Quote Originally Posted by bhowle View Post
    lemme know when you want me to build the motor for you
    Gerard's motor is built, make no mistake. It's an easy 400 crank horsepower, perhaps as high as 450. I'm a perfectionist, hence leaks, dirt, and lack of paint on an engine/trans would drive me nuts. Thus the motor/trans would have to be pulled and resolved. While at it, why not spend $1300-$1500 +/-on a head/cam combo and push horsepower even further up the scale. With the right combo, i could see 500+ horsepower without much effort. A few hours of resealing and some paint, perfection!

G20 Guru
    If that car is 400hp...then it should run mid-high 12's easily. If tuned properly...my Cutlass should run mid-12's on 3.55 gears. I wouldn't run 4.XX's unless I had an OD transmission in it...even in a mostly strip car.

Quote Originally Posted by 5-speed '02 View Post
    If that car is 400hp...then it should run mid-high 12's easily. If tuned properly...my Cutlass should run mid-12's on 3.55 gears. I wouldn't run 4.XX's unless I had an OD transmission in it...even in a mostly strip car.
    I believe the nova would run low 12's if he had gears. Probably 13 as-is. 2:73 suck for quarter mile times.

doubt if we will ever know for certain.....
    considering it needs a radiator and misc stuff to be road worthy again.

G20 Guru
    2.73's would be great in a burn-out machine...LOL. Yeah...it needs gears, big time.

I was reading that the new boss 302 is a sub 4 second 0-60 machine. Wow. That is better than the Corvette!

I'd still consider a base model GT 5.0. If I could get a 2013 GT for under 30k w/leather, it would be tempting. With the optional 3:73s and DR tires, rumors have it in the 11's.
    My apprehension is always ....do I need something like that and can I afford tickets n jail time.

G20 Guru
    I was reading that the new boss 302 is a sub 4 second 0-60 machine. Wow. That is better than the Corvette!

I'd still consider a base model GT 5.0. If I could get a 2013 GT for under 30k w/leather, it would be tempting. With the optional 3:73s and DR tires, rumors have it in the 11's.
    My apprehension is always ....do I need something like that and can I afford tickets n jail time.
    My 6-second 0-60 machine runs fast enough to land me in jail...I don't need anything faster. Hell...can't use the power it's got most of the time for the mindless sheep in my damn way...

My 6-second 0-60 machine runs fast enough to land me in jail...I don't need anything faster. Hell...can't use the power it's got most of the time for the mindless sheep in my damn way...
    LOL --- hahahaha
    mindless sheep. nice!

yah, i'm obsessed with cars, tractors, and things that go boom.

need to focus on that "three more income producing property" thing.
    damn priorities VS wants. arrggg!

So a ZR1 or new GT-R .... or two rentals?? hmmmm......

G20.net Staff
    Super Moderator
    Mmm, horsepower.

G20 Guru
    LOL --- hahahaha
    mindless sheep. nice!

yah, i'm obsessed with cars, tractors, and things that go boom.

need to focus on that "three more income producing property" thing.
    damn priorities VS wants. arrggg!

That's what 90% of the morons on my commute are...mindless sheep. They're doing anything and everything but focusing on driving their vehicle. And if I catch up with the sumbitch that damn near ran into my SX Friday after shooting down the turn lane to avoid waiting in traffic...let's just say I'm going need a damned good attorney.

While you are at it OMB...find me a revenue-generating low-end rental property!

While you are at it OMB...find me a revenue-generating low-end rental property!
    Frank,
    Let me tell you, they are out there....but be prepared for heavy competition. Lots of investors!

Also, the closer you get to your home, the better. Last Friday one of my places had a "leak", had to go to Lowes TWICE to get the correct part to resolve. Finally finished at 10pm, thank goodness.

The other obstacle is the tenant. They are royal pain in the asses! There is always (without fail) some stupid excuse why they cannot get the rent to me on the 1st. I have TWO cronically late bitches. I charge the late fees, one bitches, one doesn't say a word. I always get "GREEN" too.

But make no mistake, rentals can easily make more than a salary if they lack mortgages.

I'm looking for THREE more minimum. There are TWO i am going to look at this week in Buford. Each cost less than an average new car and should net $500-550 mo (again, each).