Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Feedback on this, you can choose multiple things, i'm just trying to see how many ppl

Groupbuy: Intake CAI Intrest?

38K views 280 replies 59 participants last post by  blankman3 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey, Im thinking about producing Intakes for the High and low port P10s

So far i'm looking at the sub $100 range for a Cold air intake( but if prices dont work out i'll just do ShortRam!)

Since i have both 2 highport and 2 low port g20's at my house.. i felt like i'd be a good canidate for these

I'm not going to be making money off them.. it's just to help the froums out.. i might require a donations for buyer to make to gnet.. Money talk would be later

So far i'v been thinking about having all the pipes black, and the filter and couplers blue( unless i can find a cheap source for black ones)
I'm Planning to have the Pipes powder coated, but if that ends up beign too much $$ i'll use hightemp paint, since intakes dont experience to much abuse

This is not going to be a deposite group buy, if ppl show intrest i'll make them and ship accordingly :naughty:

I'M Stoked bout this!!

-------------------

Updates

7/3/07
Ordered some samples from here and there for test fitment and some bends to see which i can mod to use or not

7/4/07
Received tracking info.

7/10/07
Samples are got shipped to myhouse but i wont be able to work on them untill Friday the 13th because i'm out of town for work.

7/25/07
Found a new supplier and setup a wholesale account with a TAX ID Number. Working out a deal with them--

7/31/07
Samples are arriving tomorow via UPS C.O.D.

8/3/07
Samples came in and they look super!!!, pics will follow soon

8/6/07
PICTUREs on page 3

8/14/07
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67653
Vote!! so i can start ordering

10/4/07
Dropped off samples at the powdercoater and should get results soon

-------------------
Status​
Intake Piping
MAF Adapter
Couplers
Filter
Clamps
Boxes
Powder Coating

Green=Complete
Orange=Havent decided on sources
Black=Searching...

See less See more
#3 ·
siberianbackstabber said:
I wont have the money til end of next month but would buy one
it wont be done for a few months, i'm hoping to get feedback in the next week so i can order order peices in 2 weeks, there's alot of planning todo

talk to vendors, find suppliers, order, testfit, pic, howto, mod parts, powdercoat, package, sell, ship... its going to take over 1 month.. but i wont let you guys down :teeth:

#4 ·
Sorta OT, but I would be interested in the powdercoated pipes needed to make a full WAI.

#11 ·
I voted for under (around) $100 b/c I just bought a short ram, damn it, I woulda waited if I only knew...As for powder coating you should have a poll for color if you decide to go w/ PC...I wouldn't waste your time w/ hi temp because thats something the end user could easily do.

Good luck! I think a lot of people (including myself) are excited to see where this goes!

#13 · (Edited)
[QUOTE="G"-sus!]I voted for under (around) $100 b/c I just bought a short ram, damn it, I woulda waited if I only knew....[/QUOTE] Dont worry my goal is under $100 but incase something happens i left the price open :dead:

[QUOTE="G"-sus!]As for powder coating you should have a poll for color if you decide to go w/ PC....I wouldn't waste your time w/ hi temp because thats something the end user could easily do.![/QUOTE] i'm going to paint/PC them beacuse i'm going to add a logo of sort on it, because if this flys i might have to make like 30 sets for the sr20 guys..:shhh: sheeesh dont let them know. As for color, i havent decided but it's going to be some sort of really dark color. Powdercoating will cost more if i did color's per order. but we will all see once i get the stuff in .. This GB is just going to be a feeler and also a g20.net fundraiser, to cover the new server costs

siberianbackstabber said:
3" sounds good here to. Will this have the air temp sensor fitting on the piping? as for OBDII cars
For the low ports IT WILL. i will have to look at some desgins and "borrow". :naughty:

to make it clear, i'm trying not to make money of gnet members... or maybe i should heheh :cool: . I just needed 2 CAI for my 2-p10's so i decided that i would just make some and help other members out and produce some $ for gnet. because no way in hell i'll pay +200 for Aem, or fujita

#17 ·
rmyc said:
Hey, Im thinking about producing Intakes for the High and low port P10s

So far i'm looking at the sub $100 range for a Cold air intake( but if prices dont work out i'll just do ShortRam!)

Since i have both 2 highport and 2 low port g20's at my house.. i felt like i'd be a good canidate for these

I'm not going to be making money off them.. it's just to help the froums out.. i might require a donations for buyer to make to gnet.. Money talk would be later

So far i'v been thinking about having all the pipes black, and the filter and couplers blue( unless i can find a cheap source for black ones)
I'm Planning to have the Pipes powder coated, but if that ends up beign too much $$ i'll use hightemp paint, since intakes dont experience to much abuse

This is not going to be a deposite group buy, if ppl show intrest i'll make them and ship accordingly :naughty:

I'M Stoked bout this!!

I know this may be a stupid question, but i just want to know for sure, Will these intakes you may be making fit on the P11's also?

#19 ·
What is the diff between a high port and low port? If you had to high temp paint them, I would rather just have it in raw material. I have a friend the works at extreme turbo systems in la center. They do powder coating there. I can use there booth. I would pay between $60.00-$100.00 for a CAI

#21 ·
rmyc said:
As for P11's I dont think so, only the '99 share the design with the p10's

Carb legal? haha noo

Paint finish wont be decided untill i get the physical products
One design I like and I think most of us do is the one from the AEM CAI, if you can make something like that, I think you will be selling those like hot cakes ;)

Rob

#22 ·
The PR CAI can be installed without relocating the coolant resevior or monkeying with the battery/tray. Just another :2cents:

#26 ·
would be interested but would like to see them first and her soem comments i like to be sure about what i buy since money is not easy to make

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.