Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Featured Member of the Month - November 2006

42K views 100 replies 67 participants last post by  P11Gdub 
#1 ·
Featured Member of the Month - November 2006
Mike's (P11Gdub) 2001 Infiniti G20

Photo's by (hiimj0ne)

by: G20-Budo

G20.net: How, when & why did you first acquire your Infiniti G20?
P11Gdub: It was a little over 3 years ago, when I got T-boned in my Accord (first car). Then I ended up buying the G20 from my aunt, with just under 60K on it. I was bummed out that it was an automatic, but she was the original owner.
Can’t beat that family discount, with no interest…

G20.net: What were your original plans for the car and have they changed?
P11Gdub: At first, I wanted to do a 5 speed swap, and all the basic bolt-ons. After extensive research into the parts and labor required, I came to the conclusion that it was too expensive, considering my budget. In addition, swapping to a manual transmission would open the door to many more expensive parts. So for now, I’m concentrating on suspension, and brakes. And when she needs a heart transplant, I’d like to swap in a VE. But for now, I still plan to do just the basic bolt-ons, on the DE.

G20.net: What performance modifications have you made to your car?
P11Gdub: Well, there aren’t many. So far, it’s only Mautai916’s groundwire kit, and we advanced the timing to 19*.

G20.net: Do you have any dyno numbers?
P11Gdub: Nope. With my lack of performance modifications, it’s not really worth it to dyno this slow poke.

G20.net: What suspension modifications have you made to the car?
P11Gdub: Ah, my favorite parts… So far, I have the Carbing FSTB, Octotat RSTB, Progress rear sway bar, and recently, the Tein SS coilovers. I was after these coils for about a year, after G20Touring was nice enough to give me a spin in his P11. I loved them so much, that I eventually organized a group buy for them, with the help of JustinP10. Also, I recently put my stock mesh wheels on, after wearing out the rubber on my 17x7 sport bronze Enkei RP03 replica wheels. Those mountain runs are not easy on the tires…

G20.net: Any cosmetic modifications to the exterior?
P11Gdub: In this department, I have to start with the color matched Wings West lip. After that, I removed all the Infiniti badges, got a JDM gunmetal Nissan grill, the JDM dual beam headlights (including the JDM corners) and a B15 Nissan badge on the trunk. Bishous-G also recently hooked me up with Nissan center caps, for my birthday (same birthday). I also had mirror tint on the G from the beginning (first mod). Can’t forget the G20.net liscence plate frame!

G20.net: How about the interior?
P11Gdub: The only thing I changed in the interior, was upgrading to touring headrests, courtesy of Trag.

G20.net: Have you made any upgrades to the stock sound system?
P11Gdub: Nothing here, either. I’m actually quite happy with the stock Bose set-up.

G20.net: Any future modifications we should look out for?
P11Gdub: Dang, there’s a lot of stuff to list here. My soon to be favorite upgrade is P@’s world famous Stage I BABK. I hope to complete the kit, and install it before the end of the year. Also, I’m currently in NismoG20T’s group buy for Carbing bars. I ordered the RSTB, and LCA. After I finish those, and rob a few banks, I hope to get front and rear polyurethane bushings, a powdercoated Nissan valve cover, then the basic bolt-ons (HS/SSAC/Remus).

G20.net: How and when did you first find G20.net?
P11Gdub: Almost right after I got my G20. I was a lurker for almost 2 years, before I finally registered under my original name: Mr. Seoul.

G20.net: How has this site benefited you?
P11Gdub: Where do I start? I’m addicted for life! My G20 would be naked without all the help and support from all the wonderful members. Most of my parts were scored right here, in the For Sale section. I’ve been a part of a few group buys, and eventually organized one, myself! I’ve met so many cool people from the forum, at meets and just chilling with the San Jose G’s! One of my favorite meets was while I was working offsite in Orange County. I first met randyo156, and magic_silver_box, when I stopped by to purchase G20Touring’s brand new Wings West lip. A few days later, I took a 5 hour lunch to chill with the So. Cal G’s, eat a Framamind burger, and cruise down the Pacific Coast Highway, with a gang of G20’s.

G20.net: Any last comments you would like to make?
P11Gdub: Thanks to all the forum members that helped me out, and made me feel welcome. Really, there are way too many members to list. But hiimj0ne gets a special shout out for being the sickest photographer on the forum, and making my car look a lot better than it really is. San Jose G’s for LIFE!

See less See more
#16 ·
P11Gdub said:
Thanks to all the forum members that helped me out, and made me feel welcome. Really, there are way too many members to list. But hiimj0ne gets a special shout out for being the sickest photographer on the forum, and making my car look a lot better than it really is. San Jose G’s for LIFE!
Haha, thanks man. :) Congratulations, let's go shoot some more pics. :LOL:

#17 ·
dang mike you're right, those pictures are sick. congrats on the FMoM.
I didn't even realize it was you, but that 3rd pic from the top...I've had the bw version of it as my background for like a month, haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.