Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Featured Member of the Month - May 2007

49K views 155 replies 86 participants last post by  Dane 
#1 ·
Featured Member of the Month - May 2007
Uncle Dave's (Uncle Dave) 2002 P11 Infiniti G20/Primera Camino

G20.net: How, when & why did you first acquire your Infiniti G20?
davew7: My wife was thinking about becoming a realtor and said we (she) should have a nice car for when she has to show clients around. We went and drove a used Audi A4 and thought meh. I saw the P11 sitting next to it and said lets drive that. An hour later we were driving it home.

G20.net: What were your original plans for the car and have they changed?
davew7: Of course I wanted to make it a bit quicker and add some clean looking cosmetic stuff to it.

G20.net: What performance modifications have you made to your car?
davew7: My first performance mod was advancing the timing, then I installed a Stillen pop charger. After a few weeks I decided to take the plunge and go with a true CAI. I got a great deal on a 3" Place Racing CAI and then I used the Stillen pop charger on the end. It sounds like the intake of a jet engine, very loud. A few months down the road I found a deal on a Remus single tip. I went from the cat back with 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust all the way to the Remus. A few months later I found an even better deal on a dual tip Remus and swapped them out. No resonator, it sounds amazing. The VC is TRG powder coated to match the CAI. I have a brand new 2.5" SSAC header in the garage but I may use it on the next project car. I also have our very own Mauti916's (Martin) grounding kit.

G20.net: Do you have any dyno numbers?
davew7: Yeah, like 200..... Nah I don’t have any.

G20.net: What suspension modifications have you made to the car?
davew7: It's dropped on Tein Springs with the stock shocks. I'm using the EPSentra drop top mounts up front to help the ride. I have the Stillen tri-fecta for bars. Front & Rear strut tower bars as well as a Stillen sway bar.

G20.net:
Any cosmetic modifications to the exterior?
davew7: Exterior cosmetic mods include a DIY rear window spoiler, DIY blacked out JDM duals with stealthed corners. Solid black Neo Branzach 18" wheels, Impul replica grill & the only badge is a Primera Camino badge. I love when people go “wtf is that car???”.

G20.net: How about the interior?
davew7: Complete carbon fiber interior kit, carbon fiber pedals along with the only carbon fiber door sills that I know of. I also upgraded to P11 Sport floor mats.

G20.net: Have you made any upgrades to the stock sound system?
davew7: I like the clean unassuming look of the Bose head-unit so I've kept that. I added a OEM CD changer. In the back I have a custom one off box that holds two Kicker CVR 10" subs. I used a Fosgate Hi-Lo adapter to control it and they're powered by a Fosgate amp, oh and powered by Nismo.

G20.net: Any future modifications we should look out for?
davew7: Well I can say no but you know how that goes.

G20.net: How and when did you first find G20.net?
davew7: I registered on CarDomain and Koojo made a comment and I've been on daily ever since then. I'm literally on here probably 12 hrs a day. I'm lucky I have a job where I can be.

G20.net: How has this site benefited you?
davew7: Well for one it's given me quite a bit of confidence and creativity when it comes to doing stuff with cars. You have to be that way if your going to make this car live up to it's potential. On the personal side, I'm sort of a loner, no family except for my wife and my kids so it's nice to come here and feel like I can talk about anything. There isn’t one time that I don’t get on here without smiling about something. When I first joined I read thru all the MOTM threads and told myself that sometime my car would be there.

http://www.g20.net/gallery/data/3554/IMG_3826_1.jpg

G20.net: Any last comments you would like to make?
davew7: Oh, thanks to all the G20 "Cartels" My NWG clan, the SJ Gs, the Nor Cal Gs, the So Cal Gs, the AZ G crew, the SOGs, the NYC G crew and really anyone else that gets together with two or more cars since that counts as a mini meet. A special thanks to Sam Dobbins photography for taking the pictures of my vehicle, and to my wife Stacey for putting up with my addiction.

Cavern: Additional high quality images (39 in all) can be found by clicking here, and a web album of all the photo's in this shoot (39 in all) can be found by clicking here.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats Uncle Dave!!

GREAT looking ride.. very clean! Also, GREAT pictures... I see the bar has been raised pretty high when it comes to MOTM pics these days..

And great forum member.. glad you're here with us!! (And, I don't feel so old with you around) :smile:

#9 ·
nice dave!!! those door sills look oh so sick

#21 ·
Congrats Dave! Well deserved my friend! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.