Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

HowTo: P11 Setting Remote Key Fob

56K views 97 replies 56 participants last post by  Sli4 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Search words: P11 remote, key fob, remote key fob, setting remote, setting key fob, resetting key fob, resetting remote.

I decided to buy an extra key fob for my P11 because I only had one. Anyway, found it for $20 or so including shipping on ebay. To get this new key fob to work here is what you have to do. These are the instructions that came with it and they do work.

----Instructions----

Replacing Remote Controller or Multi-Remote Control Unit (LCU05)
Enter the identitiy (ID) manually when:

- Remote controller or multi-remote control unit LCU05 is replaced.
- An additional remote controller is activated.

ID Code Entry Procedure

Setting Mode - do this while in the car

1) Close and lock all doors.

2) Insert and remove the key from the ignition more than six times within 10 seconds. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash twice.) At this time the origional ID codes are eliminated.

ID Code entry

3) Turn ignition key to *ON* position - one click past ACC but before crank.

4) Push the lock button on the new remote controller once. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash twice.) At this time, the new ID code is entered.

Additional ID code entry (additional key fobs)

5) Unlock the driver's door, then lock again with the door lock knob. (switch on arm rest)

6) Push lock button on the additional new remote controller once.

7) This ID code entry enable state and setting mode remain until the driver's door is opened.

Notes:
- If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers, repeat the procedure Additional ID code entry (additional key fobs) for each new remote controller.
- If the same ID code that exists in the memory is input, the hazard warning lamps will flash twice but the entry will be ignored.
- Entry of maximum four ID codes is allowed and any attempt to enter more will be ignored.
- Any ID codes entered after termination fo the setting mode will not be accepted.
- Additionally remote control signals will be inhibited when an ID code has not been entered during the setting mode.

----End Instructions----

Hope this helps anyone that needs this information. In addition put new batteries in your key fob, this is just for good measure.

See less See more
#4 ·
poppy_morenito said:
Hey since you car is a 99 too , can you buy any p11 remote and it will work ? Thanks
I had one from a 2000+ modle and it would kinda work.....but the 99 ones (without the trunk button) that I got on ebay worked flawlessly.

#6 ·
Awesome Pat, it worked for me!! 2002 G20 Sport

My car only came with one key and no remotes, so I programmed my 3 old remotes, it didnt work the first time and at the dealer they told me they couldnt do it that I have to get new ones. So I took out from my pocket Pat's directions as they told me it was bullshit and behold I did it, the service guy then asked me how I did it, and I told him I dont know!!! Its magic!! Later dude! Have a nice day bro!:smoke:

#9 ·
Re: GooD Sh*t To Know!!!

THE20 said:
Nice Work I was about to go pay 45 Bux! Now i have money to take out my girl !!! lol
If you can take her out for only $45 , she is a keeper !!!

;) ... Where do live again ? $45 bucks in Miami is 2 drinks on South Beach ....

#11 ·
Re: Re: Re: GooD Sh*t To Know!!!

Yahnozha said:

w3rd....thats like a months worth of dates at Tako Bell.... :lol:
LOL a lot of Cheesy Gordita Crunche's!!=)

#17 ·
My minivan (Mercury Villager, same as Nissan Quest) has similar remotes. I tried to program the van's to accept the G20's remote but it didn't work.
The procedure to program remotes is the same for both vehicles. The van's system doesn't recognize the G20's remote.

I hate to carry two remotes, make the keychain too bulky.

Carl
99 G20t

#22 ·
i have found that customers have brought me good remotes (as i have the nissan remote tester for all functions) from other nissans looking identical to thiers and them not programing. one girl was hot so i had talked to her and i warrentyed her a brand new remote in extange for her used wrong remote

#24 ·
Guy said:
Here's a link to a list of remotes for Infiniti models with dates the cars are made. Link
Wow, that's an awesome resource. Unfortunately I rushed to buy a remote on EBay after I got my G a few months ago. The remote was supposedly varified to work before it was shipped, but after about 50 tries to program it (and a new battery), I gave up - thinking either it was a dud or my keyless entry system was malfunctioning. Turns out I had the remote for the 1999-2000 P11.

By the way, if anyone needs a 7J105 remote for P11's made from 7/99 to 3/00, I've got one.

#26 ·
MannyB said:
I want to get another remote for my 2001 P11. I saw one one eBay with the same FCC ID & Canada ID; however, the model number is 01A and mine is a model A. Will the 01A work?
Well, a quick browse of the link Guy put up (Infiniti Remote Guide) indicates that the 01A model would correspond to either the Infiniti QX4 or I30. I bought a model "/" from eBay, and it turns out that I needed a "/ A" - the eBay remote wouldn't program with my car (neither I or the local Infiniti dealership could get it to work). I'm not sure if the compatibility is hit-or-miss, but I doubt that remote would work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.