Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Yellow Fog Lights - They Kick Ass

7K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Aloha20t 
#1 ·
I was thinking on and on about doing the yellow fog lights thing, and after it's all said and done, I think it looks nice and is totally worth it. Not too much trouble to do, but my parents helped me out, "aww..." :smile:

You can tell from the picture the kind of bulbs I have for the fog lights. My headlights are the Sylvania Silverstars, which I give props to too, I know they get a lot of crap for dying quick, but the first pair in my Altima, lasted over a year with a lot of night driving, and they still worked after the accident that destroyed the car, and the ones I have now are coming up on a year and are still going on strong. I hear the same thing about PIAAs but I'm hoping I just have good luck with bulbs. Plus I got 3 for $25, if they last 6 months I'll feel like I got my money's worth.

So Ericdd's film + PIAA lights:

Nothing like three PIAA bulbs for $25... Obviously they work, and obviously are old, but legit, I looked it up, they're discontinued, so it's uber rare, or I have an old inferior product, meh, half full, half empty...

Just comparing film to non-filmed. Notice the huge ass crack...

Up close...

Kinda close...

Away...

And finally further away...

I hope these pictures can help others if they're still wondering if the yellowing their fog lights is for them...

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
In a way, yeah.

One of the things I've noticed in having the Silverstars is, if it's at night and it's wet, visibility sucks for some reason, OEM would be better. I noticed after the yellow fog lights, somethings lit up before that didn't. So in way it helped visability a bit.

However the actual light output has been slightly cut. In the fourth picture down, I don't have a before picture to compare it to, but I think the beam pattern on the ground was slightly bigger. But at the same time, I've already kinda forgotten, but it's hard to tell the difference because I'd think the PIAAs would put out more light, but also the mental thinking of the film blocking some light, plus it being yellow instead of OEM whiteish light, makes it all kinda hard to say.

you want to sell me some? ill but a pack...LMK
I only got three bulbs, two of them are on my car and the other is a backup. I'd totally break one off but, as you can tell from the packaging they're hella old, and PIAA discontinued that part number for those bulbs. They still obviously make the plasma ion yellows, but if they've been changed at all the ones I have might not match up with the new ones, so all bad for you if it doesn't match the other one you'd have to buy, and all bad for me if they don't either since if one goes out, I'd have to buy two for it to match.

#20 ·
NAPA Spray tint was used on my fogs, dont have a good picture thou. I love having the Yellow fogs, everyone knows my car because I always rock my yellow foglights, sometimes it sucks but when i dont want to be notifced i just turn them off
i feel the same way about mine. i love em, but they make the g stick out a little more. so i turn em off every now and then

#15 ·
I got the film from Ericdd, and so far it's as good as it was the day it went on, and that was over a year ago...

#21 ·
I never used just bulbs or just film, I opted for both when I did my whole yellow fogs thing...

Yeah a lot of people can spot my car on the road because of the bright yellow fogs, and you can tell a difference when you have headlights on vs. headlights and fogs on...

Personally I'm up in the air, I feeling it's a little ricey now, I just feel like I'm sending out vibes that I'm a wannabe Lexus, or it'd be okay if I at least had a Toyota, but eh...

It's whatever...

Cool little thing to set your car apart from others...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.