Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

99 P11 Ve with P1400

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  94P10DET 
#1 ·
Ok so im getting this p1400 code Emissions auxilary control or something like that and i need to clear it so i can pass emissions. I have tried plugging in the temp sensor and did the resistor mod but no luck. So im stuck right now. Its a 99 G20 with a Sr20ve swap. Running a Calum B14 95 Ser with stock Ve settings. Im coming from the Honda world so sorry if i ask any stupid questions. Any input would be great. Can i just buy the solenoids and plug them in? Will that clear my code? Also i cant seem to find the solenoids online do i have to search for them under a different name?

#2 ·
p1400 is the EGR solenoid code *I think*, you'll receive another code for EGR temp if the resistor mod didn't work.

Anyways, on the 99 harness you have 3 emissions solenoids on the back of the motor, one is for the EGR solenoid, other two are for MAP/BARO or something, it really dosnt matter. There is a green, black and brown two pin plugs, the EGR solenoid is the black two pin. All you need to do is plug in the solenoid with looped nipples like so:

From my research you don't need the other two solenoids plugged in to have the readyness monitors to set.

That will get rid of the code, you're still going to have to deal with getting your EVAP, catalyst and rear O2 readiness monitors to set though.

#3 ·
Ok kool. Now the other thing is where can i get these other than the dealer? Ive checked autoparts stores online and i cant seem to come up with a part. Can i use one off a sentra or different nissan?

I figured the readiness codes will be a different story but im gonna focus on the code first.

#4 ·
hobs is right it is for the evap and egr control solinoid. If your car is like the p10 you more than likely left the soliniod on your old Y braket from the origanal engine. if you dont care if it functions and want to keep the light of sny solinoid 2 wire that you have can be pluged in to keep that code off you could even plug in a old fuel injector and let it hang and it will keep that code off lol

but if you need the right part try the junk yard and bring a meeter with you to check the one you grab so you dont buy an already bad part

#7 ·
The solenoid could be perfectly fine. If you read the FSM there is a way to check to see if it switches open to close. I'm too lazy to write out a whole summary about how it works.

Basically if the EGR solenoid has a vacuum leak, or can't establish vacuum to open the EGR BPT solenoid, you will throw the code. If the solenoid can't switch from vacuum manifold pressure and atmospheric pressure (line that should go to the intake tube between the throttle body and MAF), you will throw a code. If your vacuum lines to the solenoid are missing, leaking, or not correctly routed, you will throw a code.

It's very rare that these parts just start going bad. On the 99 G20 ecus, there are three of these solenoids that perform the same type of functions for other systems. The black is for EGR, the brown is for the MAP/Baro sensor, the green is for the EVAP.

Go through the FSM, make sure each solenoid is correctly routed to the right source of vacuum and to it's respective emissions system before assuming they are not working correctly.

#9 ·
I know how they work and wht they do. The problem is that i have a Ve swap and they were taken out. I didnt know where they went or where to even look. Its coding because they arent connected or there. I was wondering if any from a sentra wouldwork and by the looks of it it might. Also im not running a stock 99 g20 ecu. Its a b14 ecu. If it was all stock i would have figured it out but i bought it with the swap so i have no idea where everything origionally went. Lol

#10 ·
like i sain you could just plug in any soliniod and you will be fine if you can find one from any nissan that plugs right in

do not attempt to put a resister in the solinoid conector since the that siloniods on time is very long it would catch your harrness on fire just an fyi

#12 ·
Any solenoid will work, but the clips will not fit. The green, brown, and black solenoids each have the same oval style tab, with exception of a small piece of plastic that sticks out around the outside perimeter of the tab on the solenoid itself (my theory it idiot proofs the 3 solenoids from a mechanic plugging the harness into the wrong solenoids). You should be able to grind that down to fit into the engine harness clip. Never tried it myself, but as long as you have the + and - terminals lined up correctly, it should be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.