Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dude alright carpoint says 0-60 in 8.7seconds for a 2002 g20 automatic stock. IS that correct..has anone tried it?
thanks

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Really? I think thats incorrect.

A manual tranny P11 is 0-60 in about 8.3~8.7 seconds depending on the magazine you read. An automatic tranny has been said to do 0-60 in 9.5~9.9 seconds.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
omg my car is almost as slow as the hybrid cars!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
That's also getting a good launch, and it's most likely done at sea level. Normal conditions would make that a tad slower probably :( With bald tires (massive wheelspin :confused: ) and a passenger (controlled the g-tech for me) i was able to pull high 7's pretty consistantly. That's at about 2500ft elevation. Oh yeah, on a track those would probalby equate to a 2.4-2.5 second 60ft launch :(

Note to self: old bald Nitto tires suck

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Best I could manage was a 8.3 with 1 passanger, a slight uphill grade and the shittiest launch I could muster. ;( I'm sure I could get it into the mid to high sevens on a better launch.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Koojo said:
Mine does about 8 seconds
How did you time it?

I'm thinking I might swap in an NX2K, 2000+G20 tranny somewhere down the road. The 99 G20 tranny has some pretty tall gears. Nice for the highway, but sucky for acceleration. :(

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Koojo said:
just had someone sitting with me in the car timing
I tried this with Dom a couple times. It's probably the most inaccurate timing method next to counting in your head. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
G-Forces said:

I tried this with Dom a couple times. It's probably the most inaccurate timing method next to counting in your head. ;)
The I guess it's a good thing my car averages aruond 8 seconds 0-60 considering i lose track counting after about 9 or so.... :confused: =)
BTW.... G-techs kick ass for this reason. hit the button, wait for it to flash GO!, then go! once you hit abou 70 or so, slow back down, and your time flashes. If you don't slow down at 70 and keep going and run a 1/4 mile, then it disregards the 0-60 time and counts the ET and records the mph for you instead. very cool, i can't wait till the G-tech Pro Competition model comes out (or whatever they call it). =)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why does everyone obsess with Hp or accel?

I don't understand why everyone cares too much about 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile run. If you care about 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile run, get something like Chevy or Ford V8. I don't think how fast car can go doesn't make a great sports car. What is the point of joining the G20 net and doing sports tuning on your p10 or11 if you are complaining about your car's performnace? Get Real!!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: Why does everyone obsess with Hp or accel?

Green Primera said:
I don't understand why everyone cares too much about 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile run. If you care about 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile run, get something like Chevy or Ford V8. I don't think how fast car can go doesn't make a great sports car. What is the point of joining the G20 net and doing sports tuning on your p10 or11 if you are complaining about your car's performnace? Get Real!!
What's your problem mate? I like it because it's a nice bit of trivia. I used to go X in the 1/4 or 0-60 and since I put on the I/H/E/P/Cams I now do it in X-y. Oh look I just proved that my money didn't go to waste. Or I do the same thing on the dyno. Look I dyno'd at X and now I dyno at X+y after I put all that money into it. If people are looking for bragginn rights they picked the wrong car to start with, until they start blowing hot air or get a VE. ;)

And yes how fast a car can go is one factor to determining a sports car. So give me a break!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Re: Re: Why does everyone obsess with Hp or accel?

G-Forces said:

What's your problem mate? I like it because it's a nice bit of trivia. I used to go X in the 1/4 or 0-60 and since I put on the I/H/E/P/Cams I now do it in X-y. Oh look I just proved that my money didn't go to waste. Or I do the same thing on the dyno. Look I dyno'd at X and now I dyno at X-y after I put all that money into it. If people are looking for bragginn rights they picked the wrong car to start with, until they start blowing hot air or get a VE. ;)

And yes how fast a car can go is one factor to determining a sports car. So give me a break!
Couldn't agree with you more.

Hell, if I owned a Yugo, (NOT THAT I EVER WOULD) I'd wanna see what it did in the 0-60 and 1/4 miles..

...just because.

Almost every review of a new car has the 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, and 0-60 times listed. It's just a known fact that comnsumers want those types of numbers listed under the specs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Total misunderstanding!

You guys misunderstood my point that I tried to make. P10 and 11s are one of the sportiest cars that you can drive. Of course they lack some hp; therefore, the acceleration is little slow. The car has a fair support from a tuning industries so car could be fixed to be a faster car. Also, I just become mad about Myinfinitig20's comments on one of my threads.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: Total misunderstanding!

Green Primera said:
You guys misunderstood my point that I tried to make. P10 and 11s are one of the sportiest cars that you can drive. Of course they lack some hp; therefore, the acceleration is little slow. The car has a fair support from a tuning industries so car could be fixed to be a faster car. Also, I just become mad about Myinfinitig20's comments on one of my threads.
It's ahight! ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
well, I think that 0-60 is a total wast of time to talk about. If that is the way you test your new mods then you should reconsider!

Would be faaar better to run 30 mph or whetever speed you prefer in second gear then step on it. That way you wont have to step on the throttle just the right way to awoid wheel spinn.. everybody knows that slipping is a bad way to accelerate..

But what is even worse is to compare to different brands in 0-60 times and conclude which one is the fastest. Again one would have to consider wheelspinn due to more og less weight over the front axel, lsd or not, tire quality and so on.. What matters is how the car perform on the road when opening it up thrue the bends and over the hills..

flexibility over power..!

Skills over power..!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
i just hit 100kph in 9.5secs using my turbo timer. i think that is bad but im completely stock except suspension.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
I have no clue what I am, probably 6 something at 5psi, the car picks up like mad with the new exhaust. Need to get it to 10psi!!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts