11,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...fitted and it's the easy one =)

Gimme another year and I might get round to fitting the other two :LOL:

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, that's why it's took me so long to even approach the car with them Pat. I know it's gonna be fun. I had fun removing the intake from the engine that's out of the old car with the oil filter spout in the way...

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
are you refering to the thermoblock spacers? If so the one in the middle of the intake mani isn't bad at all. The har one is where the engine and the intake mani connect~ So for me old DE, i just did 2/3 ;)

Also, i haven't forgotten bout you too mark... just been uber busy~ :-\

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep the spacers....

The thing is though, if I start doing the middle one then I might as well continue and do the engine-intake one as I've already started stripping it. Which I'm not looking forward to :x

·
Registered
755 Posts
Is the engine out of the car, or are you doing it the hard (but easy, as you dont have to take the engine out?) way? If it's in the car, does it feel any different yet, or do you need all 3 to feel it? Nad..when you have all 3, DO you feel it?
I bought some for the DE..then it died. SO now I have a set of these up for sale, but seems that noone wants them.. Maybe if you do your best commercial-style Mark, I can link to this thread, and people will go crazy!
Just a side question, without any thread-hijacking..will the DE-ones fir the VE? I cant remember if the intake ports are different...

BTW. Nice job :)

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't even driven it since I did the TB spacer Kristoffer. It's not gonna make much difference as it's just stopping the heat from the heated TB being transferred to the plenum but there is a lot more heat from the engine still to be stopped.

They did a dyno with the TB and plenum spacers installed, but without the most important one...head-intake and got a gain.

The VE intake ports are bigger then low port DE ports but I haven't seen a pic of the ports on a Euro RR ....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
On the HP motors the EGR tube that goes to the exhaust mani. is a PITA also...

·
Registered
755 Posts
I can possibly get you pics of that tmorrow Mark. I'm tearing down the engine as we speak, and everything that's bolted to the head is off. Get valves and springs and that stuff left, but the ex.mani and in.mani are off.
I'll try to get somephotos up :)

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have the EGR hooked up anyway as my eGT tube connects at the wrong point on the header.

Kristoffer that'll be good. Did you have fun removing the intake ??

·
Registered
755 Posts
It wasnt that hard really, as the engine aint in the car, and the head and block was apart :)
But I imagine it would be one phunking hard job to do if the engine is mounted. Nothing I would throw myself into. Rather but the spacers, UR pulleys and flywheel and other stuff that goes onto the block/head, pull the engine from the car, mount eveything and then mount the engine again. Just a thought :)

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
yeah I was to lazy to rip down the intake so I sold them all. Hopefully I'll be building a motor soon so I'll do it all out of the car when it's nice and easy. :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Here Mark. Seems very lowport DE'ish to me :)

Anyway. If you decide to do all three, maybe it is easier to remove the whole intake from the head first, then do the head-to-manifold one and the manifold-to-plenum one like that. Might be easier to do it if you just pull everything from the car, fuel rail and all. Just a thought.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The help you get cooler intake air, hence, more dense. At least that's what I think the theory is. You will moce the powerband a little, and the injectors will fire a little off, but I read something about that somwhere, and I dont think it mattered that much.
I dont think the losses are big at all (if any), compared to the positive sides of it.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea it keeps the heat from the engine from transferring into the intake. Keeping the air cooler for longer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts