Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
leather conditioner?

my seat is cracking...cause Im fat and it cant handle my fatness.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how I do that? Any good products? is it worth it? should I buy leather patches to cover places where the driver's seat is damaged? (like missing leather lol...5"x5" or so lool)

I'm a complete noob with cars :) My first car, had it for 4 months :)
I'm more into computers and MTB :D Getting into cars ;)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Ugly said:
leather conditioner?

my seat is cracking...cause Im fat and it cant handle my fatness.
lmao thats hilarious..my wifey's has this one big chick friend :monster: ..shes not allowed in..i can hardly handle a 1.5 drop with her in the car its more like 2.5 inch drop..and i cant bear to hear my leather scream..

u can make ur leather nice and soft again with conditioner..not expensive either.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Well I use mequires 1 step leather conditioner. In the P11 the leather is pristine so I dont have to do that one as often. In the P10 is was worse when I got it then it is now. The back seat is fantastic in the P10 and the fronts arent to bad either. I used it alot on the P10 to get em where they are. One thing that I did was let the car run with the heat full blast for a bit to heat the car up and get the leather nice and warm. I dont know if that helped or not but whatever I did helped. :thumbsup: GL, D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
davew7 said:
One thing that I did was let the car run with the heat full blast for a bit to heat the car up and get the leather nice and warm. I dont know if that helped or not but whatever I did helped. :thumbsup: GL, D
Nice Dave i never thought of that..it should help some what..gotta try it on my P11 seats..not that they need it but Me loves me leather..

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
On my cars I wipe the seats down with Meguiar's leather wipes once a week and then every few months use Lexol or Meguiar's leather cleaner and conditioner on them. The seats in my I30 look brand new and I plan on keeping them that way...though it will be tougher than on my P10 because light colored seats wear more easily IIRC.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
how do you prevent it from 'stress cracks'???? got an '02 with seats taht are going bye bye...

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Ugly said:
how do you prevent it from 'stress cracks'???? got an '02 with seats taht are going bye bye...
Quit getting the 4th meal at teh bell. :p

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
If you have the time, lexol works really well! I can't believe how well it works. It is 2 steps, the first is to clean...the second is to condition. It took much more time but beat the heck out of the meguires i was using. http://www.lexol.com/

[email protected] has also mentioned www.leatherique.com a bunch of times, I called them...though I have never used their products, they were very knowledgeable.

Your only other option is to have a professional look at it, but I would start by using the lexol yourself...

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
3M also makes a good leather cleaner/conditioner/protectant product, you spray it on a rag and then wipe down the seats. It's a little on the expensive side but it works really well and it's very quick to apply.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have heard from one of the guys I work with take vasoline and smear all over the seat during a hot or warm day and at end of the day wipe it all out and it will be gleeming

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Heritic13 said:
I have heard from one of the guys I work with take vasoline and smear all over the seat during a hot or warm day and at end of the day wipe it all out and it will be gleeming
It won't :beard:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts