Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just a 15 in sub at my local shop. I tested it out. It's awesome for low end bass. I have a question though. If I took the spare tire out, do you think I could fit a 15 in there. I know the hole is big enough to hold the sub but do you think it will sound good. I'm thinking since it's not in a box it will sound shity, but I could be wrong. Please give me feed back on this topic.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I don't know how deep and big a P10's spare tire well is. But it depends on the VAS (air space) that the sub requires regarding how it will sound. I'm guessing the spare tire well will be a tight fit. Of course it'll fit and work but it depends on the Air Space that the woofer requires for it to sound good.

Most 15" subwoofers use 1.5-2.0 cu ft of air space which is a lot. You might be able to squeeze 1.0-1.2 from the spare tire well.

It's really easy to make a fiberglass spare tire well box. You have gravity working with you so it shouldn't give you trouble and I suppose is worth a shot.

Good luck

·
Registered
495 Posts
probably not because you need a certain amount of air space and you may not get it in the spare tire well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts