Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got my car and body kit situation on the fix now, and all i need to know is which should i go for. A kid in my school just got a P10 too, and he put 17's on and said that no way 18's would fit, but he also has his spring cut which is really retarded. I would of much rather waited for the money to drop my ride safely and properly. Im thinking about putting on either Racinghart C-5 one piece, or the C-2's 3 piece on my p10. Will 18's fit with my car dropped? I want a nice deep tuck but i would much rather have 18's because i want to keep this car all style. I figure why even ponder the question of the big "T" with an automatic. So if you have some professional advice on either 17's or 18's please help me out!:-\

·
Registered
343 Posts
ok, Ill try not to start another mass discussion on these matters but here is my interpritation of what you need to know, this topic has risen many times so have a search through the forums and see what else you can come up with.

Yes, 18's will fit on without getting your arches modded.

No, I would not recommend putting 18's on as it will seriously degrade your ride quality. only do this if your ride is a show car, most people here have 17's and most of the people that did have 18's have downgraded to 17's.

When it comes to suspension there are mixed feelings about lowering but the general opinion is "IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT THEN DO IT PROPERLY". Yes you can just put lowering springs on and it may or may not knacker your suspension but it will certainly give you a choppy and bouncy ride.... Get Proper Sports shocks/struts from someone reputable such as Koni and go for some eibach or H&R Lowering springs... 35-40mm drop is recommended.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Homeboy,

I don't what section of the city you live in but lowered suspension in Philly is going to be rough. Btw, the potholes, bad streets, trolley tracks, cobble stone streets and water main breaks.

Plus in the winter keep your stock tires and rims beciase 17 or 18's in the snow is not good combo.

I wiated till I moved here to do that to my car. So like our firend said, if you do it, do it right the first time.

Do not get Intrax in Philly !! Mail the cheesesteak and wiz !!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
to be honest with you, i'd go for 17's...its the best all around, a lot cheaper wheel-wise and tire-wise, also have a better tire selection for snow since you live up north, but if you were down south here, its a toss-up between the sizes, but you don't lol good luck man

1 - 4 of 4 Posts