Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first I was all for 17's. But now, its like...18's look so much better cuz they come right up to the fender. But I'm not trying to get the SR20 bogged down any more than I have too. What yall think bout 18's vs 17's.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Visually, hell yeah it would look cool. I wouldn't worry about bogging down the SR20 unless you plan on doing some racing. Do you have any pics of the wheels you are going to get?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm sure 18's look great, Infact I'd love to have 19's on my primera but I do value my ride quality!!

unfortunately, I think with 18's on a regular driver (I drive every day for my job) will suffer from a too bumpy ride.

I'm sure they look real nice tho, great on a show car.

Kev

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
o.k.

I think 18's on a p11 are more doable than on a p10.. but that is just my opinion....

If you live in an area with great roads, you'll be fine.. but if you lived in Chicagoland, I'd have to say you were nuts to do it for a daily driver!!! ...your kidney's, ribs and other things would suffer!!! (including potential damage from said potholes)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
My 17's look pretty low . I think it the drop any lower would look strange to me unless you Brian Spillman or Vin Diesel

·
Registered
65 Posts
....or Burt Reynolds...:smoke:

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot to mention the ride quality thing.....

If you do get 18's, the ride quality will REALLY suck for a daily driver. Inevitably, you'll be going back to the 17's. So to rephrase my first post, visually it'll look real good but ride real bad.;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I roll 18's on my G20, with 215/35/18 Parada's.
Ride seems normal to me

JGY
'92 se-r with 16's
'93.5 G20 with 18's
'95 Q45 with dubs
'92 se-r drag car.....13's and 14's

·
Registered
118 Posts
i got my 18 c2 today. when i get some rubber i will post you some pics. =)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yea i used to have 18's and i traded with my bro for his 17's cause i wanted to drop it and the 18's would have rubbed. As for ride they 17's feel better than the 18's but also around here the roads suck so the 17's still feel a little rough. Go here to see my old g20 with 18 inch white tenzo -r shumacher rims with parada tires

http://www.club-groundzero.com/CoryA.htm

I now have a g20t with 17 inch konig verdicts in black opal with nitto 450's and dropped with b&g coilovers soon they should update that page and when they do ill post pics peace

·
Registered
80 Posts
i got 18's on mine and YES the ride comfort is real shitty even if i set my shocks & struts on soft... plus the lags more too... i wish i still had my 17's but if your doing for show they 18's is the way to go

·
Registered
470 Posts
18s will definitely look much better. But I live in Boston. Potholes the size of the grand canyon seriously. The roads I heard were actually voted to be America's number one worst roads in a metropolitan city. I do a daily commute to boston. So Even though I want 18s...I'll be getting 17s. UNLESS

HOW ABOUT 18x8 ON THE REAR AND 17x7.5 ON THE FRONT???

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well i had 18's and when i put people in the back seat it rubbed and it was normal height so that why i traded with my bro for his 17's now its lowered and it dont even rub.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i'm running 18's and it's lowered... the funny thing is i rubbed more with my 17's then i do with my 18's and my 18's are wider to... my old rims were 7" wide my new ones are 7 1/2 don't make sense to me but it's working.... but yeah to answer your question it's real rare for me to rub... the only time it rubs is if i got a full load and i head a big ass dip or some shit...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts