Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i had had 18x7.5 konig imagines on my last p11, no problem. i heard they discontinued them, so i ordered the crosshairs (which i think are just as nice.) i made sure all the clearances werent an issue, and they shouldnt be considering its the same size wheel, same tire, same company----18x7.5 225/40/18...however, the rear wheels dont fit without pushing the center caps off, and the right front rubs slightly when i turn in decently hard at speed (this is on the inner fender well cover, back side of the right front). im kinda pissed off about the caps too, because the company i ordered them from didnt tell me about any fitment issues, and now theyre looking into it. the caps will fit, except that the clips on the caps do not clear the rear hubs, and so are getting pushed out. has anyone had a similar problem with center caps, and if so, what was the solution? i like these wheels too much and got too good a deal to send them back and all that just because the clips are too thick to clear the hubs....

scott :(

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
for the rear wheels use spacers. i had the same problem with my center caps.
also try rolling or pulling out your fenders. or take off the inner covers whichever is rubbing...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the minimal size spacer i should use to get the clearance? i expect that if i dont go too thick i could make it work without massaging the fenders

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
ditto. I use spacers for my fronts cause the center caps pop off. rear caps fit fine without spacers on mine. had to take out the rear spacers cause my rears would constantly rub on dips so Im gonna roll my fenders as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts