Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, im trying to track down the source of my bad gas mileage.
So heres the deal. Its a p10. Ive done almost alll maintenance items under the hood, such as:

Cap/rotor
plugs
O2 sensor
checked plug wires (3K ohms roughly)
air/fuel filters
new PVC valve

inflated tires to spec...all i can think of right now.

Basically for a full tank of gas i get about 325Km. So by my math that converts to roughly~18mpg pure city driving.

Any ideas how to get that number in the 25 range as im seeing its supposed to be?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, it definatly sucks. My wallet complains about it all the time :p

Would a faulty EGR or clogged EGR cause this? Im fairly new to the infiniti crowd, so im not sure if the g20 egr is purely mechanical or wether it has any electronic sensors to trip a cel if a problem were present...

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Yes definitely...my car went up 2 MPG after cleaning the EGR. Clean the throttle body, check the ground on the mass air flow, check/readjust the throttle positioning sensor if needed, make sure the timing is set right and the base idle is set proprely.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good points.
Now with regards to the chassis grounds would poor grounds make for an erratic RPM gauge when the car is cold and static on the stereo?

thanks guys, this is great help so keep it comming :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well did some reading and the jittery needle thing is a common p10 thing as they age...however, the grounding thing in general worries me. I looked some over and they were pretty rusty/caked on.
Dammit and it JUSt started snowing too!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well...thats the thing i wasnt blown away by the power either. So if yours hauls ass and gets 20mpg which would indicate some aggressive driving being done :p , mine is DEFINATLY sick, its NOT hauling anything at the moment :p
Then again...i drive a turbocharged mr2 in the summer, so maybe im just used to that :eh:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I would say drop in some fuel system cleaner to see if that helps...maybe your temperature sensor? If the car thinks the engine is too cold it could be dumping more fuel..I'm not sure what the voltage is for that though. Cars generally run richer in the mornings when it is cold, so if you have a faulty temp. sensor it might be dumping more gas than it should. Just my .02 cents....

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Oh, btw, I've never gotten more than 21 or 22 in the city, thats mixed driving speed limits and like a bat out of hell. more bat out of hell but still, even when I drive around gently it doesnt get much better than that. Highway i get 28-29 though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts