Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The RS Limited Limix are on! 18x7.5 with toyo proxes 225/35/18
FZ4. This is an answer for all of you that said 17's are the only way to go and that 18's will ride like sh*t. Let me tell yall for the record that 18's ride just the same as 17's. They actually feel about the same weight as my factory rims. There is no rubbing whats-o-ever and the wheel comes right up to the fender. Probably only your index finger will fit on top of the tire. Sits perfectly. Any Questions?

·
Registered
343 Posts
my 17's ride ruffer than my stock wheels so 18's must ride ruffer than 17's, I think people were more talking about a ruffer ride when you hit bumps and potholes. With less tyre you are more likely to be bending rims and bottoming out etc etc and there will be less cusioning in the tyre. I guess your area must have great roads!!.

let us know what happens when you take on speed humps and potholes!!

Kev

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
He *IS* in Dallas, Texas. I don't suspect it snows there, therefore I doubt they have many potholes :). I drove another G20 yesterday with H&R Springs and 18's and the ride was pretty much the same with my ride - it was a bit more bouncier, but the 18's didn't really feel any different than my 17's. Of course, I didn't drive into any potholes or anything.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Mista McCoilover said:
The RS Limited Limix are on! 18x7.5 with toyo proxes 225/35/18
FZ4. This is an answer for all of you that said 17's are the only way to go and that 18's will ride like sh*t. Let me tell yall for the record that 18's ride just the same as 17's. They actually feel about the same weight as my factory rims. There is no rubbing whats-o-ever and the wheel comes right up to the fender. Probably only your index finger will fit on top of the tire. Sits perfectly. Any Questions?

Awesome!! 18's are the way to go!!!! =) I have 35's too and it is a lil rougher than stock with my springs, but it still rides good! Gotta put up some pics!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will have to post pics soon cuz these rims are perfect for my G. I'll have to jack a digital camera or something. Some of you guys gotta understand that the length of the sidewall on 18's is pretty much the same length as the 17's. Potholes are always gonna hit ya hard whether you got 17's or 18's with a lowered ride. I just avoid the potholes and I'm cool. I'll try to get pics as soon as I can.

·
Registered
343 Posts
half an inch difference in the sidewall if the rolling diameter is the same, although it willl probably be a bit more.

If I got new wheels I would defintely get 215's+ and probably on 18's too, would just risk damaging them, but looking cool is much better :p

I wonder is anyone has gone up to the maximum 235 yet? I bet they are stupidly wide!!

Kev

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes I'd like to see some pics too....If not...oh I got 325/21/50 on my p11 too!!! Blahahehahaeh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts