Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
t3h jdm pinecone
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So here's my question.

I just got a new Panasonic MXE CQ-DFX701U and have not installed it yet. It has 50Wx4 output. I do not need to blow anybody away with the audio, but I do want good clear sound. Should I bypass the built in amp? I heard that the Infinity units for the 91 amp the front speakers and send the back speakers through a seperate amp. If this is true, would I have to re-wire the speakers entirely to bypass the rear amp? Will the audio be decent if the amp is bypassed, or is it worth the extra hassel / money to try to run the rear speakers through the amp.

Also the adapters needed for the unit..... are the pricey? (ie. Antenna).

Sorry if I sound like a total amature, but I need to start somewhere. Any help would be really great.

Thanks.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
yeah the rears are on a seperate amp, you can either run new wires to the trunk from th enew deck(a pain in the ass) or you can just disconnect the amp, which is in the trunk, an re-run the original wires from that harness. if you have a factory service manual it will show you how to get to the amp. if not it's located in front of the antenna in the trunk. btw, no matter what the so called watage is of new decks, it is not even that high. most decks only put out about 15 watts, don't believe the hype. to validate this you should read the specs that came with your deck, and you will find (usually in small print at the bottom) the real output. just though i would add that.
later
Marty

1 - 2 of 2 Posts