Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the post and am aware of the brake switch rubber pad etc. Here is my problem:
Brake lights stay on all the time. I bought a new brake switch and with it hanging depress it and brake lights stay on. I can unplug it and they go off. As an electrician this seems strange. I checked the switch and it is normally closed and when depressed open circuit. I am not understanding how unplugging the switch kills the brake lights but depressing the switch does not. I pulled the stop light 20 amp fuse and have no headlights. I am wondering if the headlight multi switch is bad. I have not checked extensively for shorts in the trunk area, just hoping for some guidance here and needing a manual/electrical schematic. Please help. 1995 G20.

·
Registered
133 Posts
well please dont take this the wrong way but have you adjusted it to the point where it shuts them off....the switch has to be adjusted to a certain point where it does the on and off if that doesnt help i have included a link to the fsm hope that works too. Factory Service Manuals - NICOclub

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im clueless on this thing, but yes I am holding the brake switch in my hand dangling under the dash. Depressed to full button pressing lights still on. Then I pulled the fuse and have no headlights. Thanks for the manual link. I will have to track this thing. I just cant understand how they burn with the brake switch depressed. I checked and have 12v on one of the two BS wires. Seems by pressing the switch would kill the lights. Unplugging ot from the connector kills them. Weird.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did you change a light bulb? have you checked the light bulbs? if so did you make sure it was the dual element cause a single element will make the lights stay on....im sure this is nothing new but i have to ask.
now the multi switch does tend to get stuck but it turns on the tail lights head lights and blinkers not your brake lights brake pedal does the brake lights. If your multi switch is going bad and it really doesn't just your metal tabs get stuck your dash lights wont come on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts