Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If anyone finds this forum post, I fixed it. I ended up simply removing the BPT(Back Pressure Transducer), which is immediately to the right of the EGR valve. I capped off the really small metal vacuum tube that goes from the lower right part of the EGR into the bottom of the BPT valve, I then rerouted the other vacuum lines. I sent one from the top of the EGR valve to the three port vacuum connector, I think that was all. I then reset the check engine light, and it has not appeared again for over 250 miles and I passed emissions! Also, the really short vacuum line that goes from the BPT to the EGR was broken, so also try only replacing that first, but that did not work for me.

Hello all, I got a 1996 Infiniti G20 from a family member. Runs pretty good, but has the CEL on with the P0400 code. That is the only code that appeared with the scan tool. Exhaust gas recirculation flow issue. I of course checked the vacuum lines first, noticing the vacuum hose connected to the bottom of the BPT was broken, a common problem. I replaced it. Code still appears. I then took apart the EGR valve and cleaned it out with carb cleaner, and reassembled. Code still appears. I tried depressing the EGR diaphragm with my hand, it killed the engine, which is normal. Besides that BPT hose which I fixed, every vacuum line that I have seen in the engine bay appears normal and not cracked.

If anyone here has the same car or has had similar issues with theirs, please tell me what solved it for you? Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I saw this forum post about cleaning out your EGR pipe for a 96' Maxima, that goes from the EGR to the plenum. Should I try to remove this and clean it as my next step? I pretty much have to take it to a mechanic if I can't get the CEL to stay off by the end of this month, emissions is due. I'd just like to hear if anyone has had the same problems.

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-genera...ctures-directons-egr-tube-cleaning-p0400.html

I also saw the picture of the EGR sensor connected to the EGR tube, which is not the same as the G20, no surprise there. But where is the EGR/air intake sensor located on a p10 G20?

EDIT: EGR tube was nearly spotless, not clogged at all. Must be more of a problem with the Maxima

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.