Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1996 Primera SRI - P10

21K views 101 replies 20 participants last post by  Vidaa 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Long time no see. Been a hectic time with moving first to UK, then back to DK and buying house, new baby boy etc. None the less, Primera's has been there most of the time to keep me company. Now another wise buy has been made (not so wise if asking the wife). Bought it to be a summer car, so this one is a keeper.
No rust underneath to speak of, but needs 2 new front fenders as the current ones have rust. Other than that, just a few minor things to sort out. It will then get a polish, lowering springs that I already have and some wheels once I find the correct set. Nice and easy. Will update as progress is made.

Quick recap:
Previous car thread:
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread...-pron-pics-of-tilted-Primera&highlight=jensen

Then moved to UK, bought a 28k miles 2000 P11-144 1.8 and brought it with me when moving to DK. Driving position not approved by wife, so had to let it go. Looked like this:

After that I bought a base model 1997 P11 1.6 just to get me to work. Turned out to be much too expensive to drive 100 miles/day in it, so was eventually replaced by a diesel.

This brings us to my latest buy, a 86k miles P10 SRI from 1996 with a GA16DE engine. Not the most powerful engine, but free revving and still fun to drive. Pardon the pictures, better ones will follow over time as I improve it.

Day of buying it:

Back in the garage:

And a load of random ones because we all like pics.

Hope you approve, cheers for now! :smoke:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi guys

Long time no see. Been a hectic time with moving first to UK, then back to DK and buying house, new baby boy etc. None the less, Primera's has been there most of the time to keep me company. Now another wise buy has been made (not so wise if asking the wife). Bought it to be a summer car, so this one is a keeper.
No rust underneath to speak of, but needs 2 new front fenders as the current ones have rust. Other than that, just a few minor things to sort out. It will then get a polish, lowering springs that I already have and some wheels once I find the correct set. Nice and easy. Will update as progress is made.

Quick recap:
Previous car thread:
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread...-pron-pics-of-tilted-Primera&highlight=jensen

Then moved to UK, bought a 28k miles 2000 P11-144 1.8 and brought it with me when moving to DK. Driving position not approved by wife, so had to let it go. Looked like this:

After that I bought a base model 1997 P11 1.6 just to get me to work. Turned out to be much too expensive to drive 100 miles/day in it, so was eventually replaced by a diesel.

This brings us to my latest buy, a 86k miles P10 SRI from 1996 with a GA16DE engine. Not the most powerful engine, but free revving and still fun to drive. Pardon the pictures, better ones will follow over time as I improve it.

Day of buying it:

Back in the garage:

And a load of random ones because we all like pics.

Hope you approve, cheers for now! :smoke:[/QUOTE

Oh yes, that red one is very nice!

#5 ·
Thanks for the positive comments. Not much has happened so far due to summer and it's parked at my friend who will be fixing a few things on it. Plenty of time, so no rush.

So far it's been given chrome dial rings, a new bee sting antenna, clear side indicator lenses (will go back to amber) and P11 GT rims with crap tires.
Besides that it's currently getting a service, a rust free right fender, short(er) throw gearshifter, new dampers all around, 35 mm lowering springs, and 195/60/15 Michelins. Should improve handling in a prositive direction.

Out on the drive

My son enjoys it as well:

And left at my friend for upgrades - can't wait to get it back

#9 ·
Thanks Guys, it's starting to get there now. Just got it back yesterday, a bit lower and in better condition than I dropped it off, so all is good on that front.

The mentioned chrome gauge rings installed:

And after a quick wash this morning before taking it to Work:

And parked at Work

Next up is to add yellow film to the foglights and get amber corners + switch to LED's where possible. Other than that Wheels and exhaust, but there are a more long term goals and not urgent.

#11 ·
Update July 2018

Time for an overdue update I think.

The SRI has been living a quiet life, waiting to get an overhaul. It's been off road since fall 2016. Due to Danish regulations you need to turn in the plates when taking it off road if you want to avoid road tax, so Ive decided not to have it on the road until I have it in the condition I want.
So I've spent time buying new parts for it instead. New brakes, aluminium radiator, rims (17" BBS), cat, exhaust, front fenders, dual lens headlights, foglights, suspension components and a complete A/C system, still in the original box. As the car i without A/C from factory it may be a bugger to install, so let's see if it will ever be done.

So Pictures.

Summer storage, all was well.

Winter storage, not so much.

So we washed it:

and stuck it in a tent - not a permanent solution, so this winter it will go to proper storage facility.

Test fitting the rims - will look good I think

Now, having the SRI off the road left me with driving other cars to work. Not acceptable, so another P10 was bought do DD. A 1996 LX Plus - same trim level as my first P10, so well happy with that. Nothing has gone wrong but a snapped driveshaft so far.

On P11 GT rims:

The mentioned driveshaft being changed. New one on the SRI, used from SRI onto the DD.

Messing around with photobucket Again, made me find som old Pictures I think is worth sharing.

Firstly my old G20 from when I lived in Orlando. Tiny car by US standards:

And then this gem I found on a trip to Cuba visiting my wifes family:

That's it for now. Have a great day

#12 ·
I've had a couple of different G20's in my day, currently on my 2nd P11. My 3 year old loves the car, my wife hates it, but it is a part of the family now. No matter how much hell this car gives me, this one isn't going anywhere.

If you can take your time and finish the car right, why not?

#14 ·
Same here - my wife isn't really impressed with these old cars, but I love them and they're here to stay.
Taking my time to get the car right is a privilege, and I enjoy collecting all the parts to upgrade and renovate it little by little.

#16 · (Edited)
New addition

Hi guys

Thought I'd quickly share my latest addition I just bought a few days ago; a 1994 Primera eGT. It's one of the only eGT's (if not the last one) here in Denmark, so I was very happy to snatch it up.
It's not perfect, but being an import from Germany and only driven in the summer for the last many years, it's virtually rust free. It has a bit of a rough idle and I don't like the spoiler (looks to be a SE one) instead of the usual GT one, but other than that it's great.

Some Pictures then. First one of my DD which now will be sold and the eGT used for the rest of the summer. After that I may tuck it away for winter and use my red SRI as a daily.

One of the only Pictures I've taken yet:

And some Pictures from the sales add:

I'll upload som more Pictures once I get a chance. But for now I have to drive, drive, and drive som more :teeth:

#18 · (Edited)
Small update:
I sold the daily maroon P10 to trim down the carpark a little. It went to a young kid who will most definitely beat the living daylight out of it, but oh well.

The GT has had some issue not pulling cleanly even after new plugs, leads, dizzy rotor/cap, fuel filter, cleaned IAC/MAF, so it has been placed in the garage of shame until I have the motivation to keep troubleshooting. New clutch is needed anyway, and winter is coming, so I'll most likely not work on it until springtime.

A few family photos before the maroon one left. Pardon the quality:

#23 ·
Happy New Year

The GT was missing the identity badges, so when an Egt badge came up on Ebay I jumped on it. They are incredible hard to find nowadays.
The Primera badge can be sourced brand new, so I had that in stock already.

And a little mood Picture of it, woken up from hibernation to get the fluids warm and circulating before being tucked away again, waiting for warmer weather. The spoiler is off for inspection, but will most likely go back on.

#24 ·
Figured I'd upload a few pictures I have laying around as work is a bit slow today.

One of the first things I did to the GT was swap interior with the red SRI. The seat bolster on the driver seat was not in the best of condition and the fabric was worn through. Furthermore I didnt like the feel of the fabric, so in with the old, out with the slightly newer, but a lot fresher SRI seats. The parcel shelf was also swapped around, as the one in the GT was faded and had horrible aftermarket speaker covers. I didn't take any pictures after I the swap, but will do when time and weather permits.

Another thing I want to do (but haven't yet), is install Eibach Pro Kit springs on it. I had this on my previous car, and ride height was spot on - current setup has the front a bit too high and the back a bit too low.
This is how my old car looked with Eibach's:

I have a kit laying around, which I bought from Australia when I lived in England - in 2014. I could see they were becoming hard to find back then, so bought a set before I had a car to install them on :shifty:

They will be installed in due time. No rush though, the car rides great as it is.
And lastly another family photo, because why not :)

#26 ·
I believe they were part of a "Nordic pack", so most (if not all) had the headlamp wipers and heated front seats. More or less all the ones I can remember have them, except the imported cars (usually GT's from Germany like mine).

If you have some spare time and want to look at Danish Primera's or just cars of all kinds in general from here, take a look at bilgalleri.dk
Search for Primera and take the "Galleri" option in the drop down menu - you can further narrow it down to year after.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.