Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Happy New Year

The GT was missing the identity badges, so when an Egt badge came up on Ebay I jumped on it. They are incredible hard to find nowadays.
The Primera badge can be sourced brand new, so I had that in stock already.

And a little mood Picture of it, woken up from hibernation to get the fluids warm and circulating before being tucked away again, waiting for warmer weather. The spoiler is off for inspection, but will most likely go back on.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Figured I'd upload a few pictures I have laying around as work is a bit slow today.

One of the first things I did to the GT was swap interior with the red SRI. The seat bolster on the driver seat was not in the best of condition and the fabric was worn through. Furthermore I didnt like the feel of the fabric, so in with the old, out with the slightly newer, but a lot fresher SRI seats. The parcel shelf was also swapped around, as the one in the GT was faded and had horrible aftermarket speaker covers. I didn't take any pictures after I the swap, but will do when time and weather permits.

Another thing I want to do (but haven't yet), is install Eibach Pro Kit springs on it. I had this on my previous car, and ride height was spot on - current setup has the front a bit too high and the back a bit too low.
This is how my old car looked with Eibach's:

I have a kit laying around, which I bought from Australia when I lived in England - in 2014. I could see they were becoming hard to find back then, so bought a set before I had a car to install them on :shifty:

They will be installed in due time. No rush though, the car rides great as it is.
And lastly another family photo, because why not :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I believe they were part of a "Nordic pack", so most (if not all) had the headlamp wipers and heated front seats. More or less all the ones I can remember have them, except the imported cars (usually GT's from Germany like mine).

If you have some spare time and want to look at Danish Primera's or just cars of all kinds in general from here, take a look at bilgalleri.dk
Search for Primera and take the "Galleri" option in the drop down menu - you can further narrow it down to year after.

·
Registered
122 Posts
OK thanks,

So probably they will also have a plastic trim under the glove box, right?

We could say it covers the heater blower. Central and South European specs hasn't got it.

I've jumper over one via Norway.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Jebus, never knew that was a special thing. Had to go check, and yeah, the SRI which was sold in Denmark has it, but the German sold GT doesn't. Damn, and I sold the other car without taken it out first - bugger.

Here it is in the SRI

·
Registered
122 Posts
Jensen, thanks to your last pic I've seen where the new brackets are bolted. Bolts came from factory so it is a 5 minutes work.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
So I want to get the Red car ready for the summer, but cannot for the life of me find the baffle plates for the rear which must be present at MOT, and it's missing them in both sides. I have a new one for the left side I bought some years ago, but the right one is not to be found anywhere. They were not present on the maroon car I recently sold either, otherwise I would have taken them from that one.
But a few days ago a cheap P10 came up for sale, so could this help to solve my problem? Damn right it could, I bought the car to get the baffle plates and other parts that I need. Then after taking these parts I'll sell it on and hopefully get most, if not all, of my money back.

So here it is in all it's glory. A 1995 P10 1.6 LX which was the base model for the year. With manual windows, and a huge clock instead of the rev counter, but it has more than one part I can use:

• The cover under the glove box which will go on the eGT
  • 2 kinda ok baffle plates - I removed them today, and although not perfect, they're certainly good enough for any MOT
  • Original casette holder for the space under the radio
  • Front bumper with fog lights to keep as a backup- will replace with a spare base front bumper I have.
  • Headliner in excellent condition, will switch with the one in the eGT which is sagging in the back.
  • Headlight washer system, will take off and keep for spares
  • Front grille, will try and paint it white and have as a faceift spare for the eGT
There might be other bits and bobs I can use, but these are the most important ones. After that it's good bye and good luck to whoever buys it.

Pictures of it? Sure - it looks very much like the one I just sold. I'm sure my neighbor must be scratching his head :)

And back in the drive:

Interior:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Might have used the wrong word there. I mean the splash shield / dust cover behind the rear discs. Those rust like crazy here and cannot be found new. Only the fronts seem to be available new.

·
Registered
20,764 Posts
Might have used the wrong word there. I mean the splash shield / dust cover behind the rear discs. Those rust like crazy here and cannot be found new. Only the fronts seem to be available new.
Ah. Mine are always in good condition, but I remove them to fit larger rotors. I never throw them away.because I have a hard time destroying something useful so I got quite the pile over here if you ever need them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Love the "new" car.

Yes the EuDM PH. III cheapo specs have a different headliner, look only a little more cheap than the other but will stay in its place forever.

You bought a LX spec but after all the things you are going to dismount, You must advertise it like a L or like a «Jensen Spec» ?

21 - 40 of 75 Posts