Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CEL throwing no codes, sevearly rough idle, every morning when car is started and put into gear it stalls, when it does drive extreamly poor acceleration, you have to floor it and make it go into the passing gear for any pick up, also engine hesitates and surges when maintaining a constant speed, did a complete tune up, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, oil change, cleaned egr valve, new catalatic converter, put good gas in, fuel injector cleaner, cleaned the throttle body havnt checked timing yet, this problem started as a rough idle now the car stalls out when put into gear , checked sensor connections and Vac hoses, all looked good, this seems like a common problem with the G20, it happens weather engine is hot or cold

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
check and clean your AIV valve, its on the left side of the plenum as you face the the motor. Its the one with the idle adjustment screw. If that doesnt fix your problem, youll need to clean the AIRC valve, and thats under the plenum...kinda a PITA to get to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cleaned all valves but still have to clean the AIRC valve, do you have to take off the plenum to do this, also when I remove the oil fill cap on the valve cover ,there is alot of pressure coming out, does this indicate blow by or another problem, or is it supposed to be this way on th sr20

·
♥
3,947 Posts
p11driver said:
also when I remove the oil fill cap on the valve cover ,there is alot of pressure coming out
that sounds very odd

hate to say it... but the only thing that sounds plausable for the blowby you described would be worn out piston rings

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are these engines supposed to have any pressure coming out the oil fill cap, when I put my hand over the hole it blows my hand off

·
♥
3,947 Posts
they have pressure... any engine does, but not enough to blow your hand off I wouldnt think. (unless you have a girly hand! j/k)

you could check your PCV valve, and system... this is just a stab in the dark if you are positively having blowby problems

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
This thread is already on the General Forum. I think this one needs to be deleted. There are more replies on the General Forum thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts