Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P11. I have an amg style 2.5" inlet/outlet muffler on my car now. I want to get the greddy evo. I don't like the evo canister so i wanted to use this one and just attach it to the Greddy Evo. IS it possible? Is it a lot of work?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
On the Greddy Evo most of the exhaust is 2.5" but right before the canister there is about an 6"-8" bent section that measures 2.75" leading into the canister.

Anything is possible, Im sure you can do it but it will need to be done at a muffler/exhaust shop. Unless you have some really cool mandrel bending tools for big tubing, a welder and band saw.

For the price you are going to pay for the Greddy ($500+) your money would be better spent going to a custom exhaust shop and have them bend you an exahust. It will probably be cheaper for you since you already have the muffler...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what would I be asking for when I request a custom exhaust built? I'm not really sure what to ask for. Like the specifics..

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Basically, you go to a custom exhaust shop....look in the yellow pages....or ask some old school hot rodders. Your looking for a exhaust system.

Look under your car, it will start after the catalytic converter, and continue on. This whole piece will come off as one unit. Basically you are going to look for the following from the shop

- Mandrel bent tubing (smooth bends, requres a special bending tool/machine)
- 2.5" diameter tubing
- The ability to coat with high temp paint to prevent rusting. (optional)

They should be able to take your stock exhaust off and pull the measurments from that and locate all the mounting thingys that are attatched. If they do not have a flange that matches the catalytic converter one they can reuse the existing one. Give them your muffler and let them know you want that on it.

What it all boils down to is the exact same thing you have on your car but in 2.5" tubing, mandrel bent, will all mounting thingys and your exhaust. There is one other component that is inline on the exhaust and youll need that...I just dont know what that is...but its there...take a look and youll see what Im talking about. You may have to leave it a day or so depending on how they operate....good luck, and dont ask me to guess the price, I have no idea.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry man I wasn't going to ask for a guesstimate for the price. Thanx for the info it was very helpful.

one more question for you then...

What do you think would be a better buy...hs header or a custom exhaust?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
For the hp gain definately get the Header ($500 and less). Even the best exhaust will gain you only 3-5 hp vs 10-15 hp with a Hotshot Header. After that you can invest in some S3 cams from JWT ($550 ish), now thats cool.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx dude....I'm almost done with my cosmetic modifications on my g20.

I just need some power now. I haven't touched anything int he engine yet.

For cosmetics just need rims and I'm ready to go.

YEh I figured the HS Header would give me more power. So you think I should go with the HS HEader and JWT S3 Cams first of all engine mods? (i'm not doing a turbo or det swap cuz I'm getting rid of the car in two years)

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
np man, this is what the forum is all about....

Id also get a CAI or JWT POP too. The cams are a bonus, UR pullys are nice too....I guess it just depends on how much you want to spend....and if you havent advanced your timing do so...its cheap if not free and does give it some spark!

If you havent seen this article

http://www.se-r.net/car_info/engine_performance_tuning.html

read it, it covers most of the bolt on perfomance items out there.

Like I said, just depends on what you want to spend. For me im at about $2000 on bolt ons....and that pretty much maxed out the bolt on stuff for me.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm definitely doing the JWT POP Charger...I just didn't know what to go ahead and get first. the Pop charger is cheap so that can just come whenever.

Yeh I was thinking of the UR Pullies also.

Probably just wanna do the headers, cams, pop charger, and exhaust,

Whats this advanced timing stuff???

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never mind about the timing question i read it on that link. That is a damn good link. Thanks dude. That should be posted somewhere in the engine part of the forum at the top so that people like me will just read that instead of asking mad questions. hahahahaha

Well anywyas...where can I get timing done???
Or do I do it myself?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems difficult hahahahha

Oh I noticed in your list of modifications that you have JWT POP and HS CAI

I thought the JWT POP Charger and a CAI were the same thing?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
no, the JWT POP is just a filter and adapter that allows for a smoother airflow, it replaces your stock airbox. I only have the first portion of the HS CAI from the throttle body to the MAF this piece here and just put the POP on the end of that. The full CAI extends down into the fender wheel well....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh i understand . Cuz youewre the first person that I saw with both and I'm like all confused hahahaha

ok ok ok ok

Yo man I like how you respond so quickly ahhahaha werd.

Cool thanx for all your help man.

ohhh maybe you know this question too then...HOW THE HELL DO YOU ORDER THINGS FROM JWT??? I emailed those mofos and they never emailed me back.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Call JWT thats the best way to order the POP, and I forgot to mention that I did have to chop a little bit off the tubing for the filter to remain in the same location. about an inch or so...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts