Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with a Racer in Cali and he swore on his life his girlfriend's brother owned a 2 door p11... I consider myself having more than basic knowledge of our cars being that I read the forums all day and promptly told him no they don't exist. But he has been racing cars all his life and was very firm in his accusations. I asked him if it was a 200sx, SE-R and he was a lil insulted ... am I wrong is there a 2 door P11?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Oh yeah... There is an old man around here (about 70) that's driving a 91 pearl white M30 convertible that is mint. I talked to him one day at the post office and asked if he'd be interested in selling it and you'd have thought I asked for one of his great grand children. :crosseyed

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whast under the hood in the M30's? I have only seen 2 before besides the new ones that are coming out!!!! I knew there was no such thing as 2 door G20 maybe somene had a 200sx with Infiniti Badges on it. I wouldent doubt it in this day and time. I have seen mustangs with GT-R badges on them....:confused:

·
Registered
222 Posts
hmm

probably a 95+200sx ser with a p-11 grill and infiniti badges , i see that all the time

·
Registered
233 Posts
I believe the M30 was a 6cyl rear wheel drive.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
1995g20t said:
and asked if he'd be interested in selling it and you'd have thought I asked for one of his great grand children. :crosseyed
LOL! :lol:

Reminds me of the move Three Kings, when Walberg's character was coveting a "convertible Infiniti"!

The M30, yet another cool car not sold in Canada. :( Along with the Classic SE-R and Toyota MR-S. :(:(

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I agree. It had to have been an M30 or a 2-door Nissan(200SX, 240SX, 300ZX) with an Infiniti badge on it. :-\

Damn wannabez.;)

If it were possible, I would have bought me an M30 and put the I30 engine in it. Now that would have been something.
;)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
MR. RYTE said:

If it were possible, I would have bought me an M30 and put the I30 engine in it. Now that would have been something.
;)
Probably not too impossible since they were both Nissan 3.0 V-6 engines. The same engines found in the 300ZX's of the same years.

What would have been real trick would be to drop the 300ZX TT in there. That would be a hell of a nice sleeper.

M30:
3.0 V-6
162hp/180ft.lbs.

I30
3.0 V-6
210hp/193ft.lbs.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've heard of Infiniti wannabeing some1 else.. never the other way around lol

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More then likely I knew there was no such thing as a 2dr G20

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Back when I was in a/c class at the local community, one of the guys brought in an M30. What's the engine? VG30E... basically; a SOHC version of the 300ZX engine. THe M30 was a rebadged car that was known in Japan as the "Nissan Leopard" I think.

The I30s had VQs in them. I think VQ is Nissan's new "kill-all" engine, much the same way SRs were, back in the day. VQs are in everything from Maximas, Altimas, the 350Z, G35, etc.

And you CAN probably put the I30 engine inside the M30; as long as it was a RWD VQ.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
FF Drifter said:
Back when I was in a/c class at the local community, one of the guys brought in an M30. What's the engine? VG30E... basically; a SOHC version of the 300ZX engine. THe M30 was a rebadged car that was known in Japan as the "Nissan Leopard" I think.

The I30s had VQs in them. I think VQ is Nissan's new "kill-all" engine, much the same way SRs were, back in the day. VQs are in everything from Maximas, Altimas, the 350Z, G35, etc.

And you CAN probably put the I30 engine inside the M30; as long as it was a RWD VQ.
Whats all this rubbish your typing? :lol: Jus' kiddin'

Yes the Infiniti M30 (F31 - Nissan Leopard) came with the VG30E and the Infiniti J30 (Y32 - No Nissan was made, but 300ZX chassis was very similiar) came with the VG30DE which was a detuned version of the 300ZX VG30DE.

I just pulled up the trusty Nissan/Infiniti Matrix and cross referenced models with engines. :)

I would assume that if the tranny is similiar, you could possibly bolt the RWD tranny to the VQ30DE. Similiair to how we can use a AWD BB/Avenir DET with our FWD tranny.

·
Registered
211 Posts
NismoPC said:

Infiniti J30 (Y32 - No Nissan was made, but 300ZX chassis was very similiar) came with the VG30DE which was a detuned version of the 300ZX VG30DE.

Well...no Japanese market Nissan was made...but the J30 was built on the US Altima platform...in a side view, you can reeaaaally note the resemblance.
--What this makes me wonder is if a VG30DE swap would be possible in an Altima..just a hybrid wet-dream with no practical purpose, but it would be neat all the same, especially if it was the TT version!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
DragerG20 said:

Well...no Japanese market Nissan was made...but the J30 was built on the US Altima platform...in a side view, you can reeaaaally note the resemblance.
--What this makes me wonder is if a VG30DE swap would be possible in an Altima..just a hybrid wet-dream with no practical purpose, but it would be neat all the same, especially if it was the TT version!
WHAT?

:confused:

The Altima is the off-spring of the Stanza. With that said:

The first gen Altima was the U13 chassis - a FWD chassis with a KA24DE or in Japan it was the Bluebird and came as FWD or AWD with a variety of engines including the SR20DET

The second gen Altima was the L30 chassis - again, a FWD chassis with the KA24DE and was US spec'd only

The J30 is a Y32 chassis - RWD ONLY and US spec'd ONLY. It was a tweaked version of the 300ZX (Fairlady Z) Z32 chassis so that it could handle the larger body and 4 doors.

There are no similiarity between the first gen Altima or the J30 except for the hunch back trunks. And the first gen Altima was not a US chassis. It was a Japanese chassis imported to the US, Australia, and other countries overseas.

Research my friend, research. ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Whew.... That was almost too informative. :confused:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The J30 was ugly anyways. Cars like the J30 tripped up Infiniti's beginnings, giving Lexus and Acura a HUGE lead in the premium brand market.

Whoa, 1995g20t, I just noticed you own an SVT Lightning. Holy crap....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
NismoPC said:

The J30 is a Y32 chassis - RWD ONLY and US spec'd ONLY. It was a tweaked version of the 300ZX (Fairlady Z) Z32 chassis so that it could handle the larger body and 4 doors.

There are no similiarity between the first gen Altima or the J30 except for the hunch back trunks. And the first gen Altima was not a US chassis. It was a Japanese chassis imported to the US, Australia, and other countries overseas.

Okay, that make a lot of sense because some people on Altimas.net said that the J30 was based off off the Altima. They do look similar, but I really didn't think that was possible because the dimensions of the J30 are larger and the C pillar is different. It looks more bubbly than the Altima.

Some of Nissan's designs were pretty ugly during mid ninties. I didn't like the J30, I30, Sentra, Altima. I mean they weren't that bad, but I'd easily go for another of the compeitors during the time. But I'll have to admit that they're doing a great job now since I love the whole current Nissan and Infiniti line-up. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts