Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh yeah I truck forced me of the road today getting on the 112 of of 27th ave ---
drove through a big ass pothole full of water !!!

Car said Vroonn - ECHHHHH ! - PUMFFF !!!

Had all kinda of Crack heads wanna be machanic trying to help me --->>

I ened up getting it towed home _ I hope it dries up ---

The 2 hours I sat there it started to sound like it wanted to start but who knows --

All that because that F*&Kig truck wanted to pull into KFC !!! :pirate: :zoinks:

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You're not the only one w/ troubles shawn... my clutch died out the night of the super bowl and my car is sitting in front of my house as we speak, a large paper weight if you ask me since it won't even go into gear... :(

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Oo damn..that happened to me man..i hope the water clears out or u'll b needing another sr20 in there..that effin sucks..

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well if you shut off the car or didnt step on the gas while driving through, very little water should be in the engine. Try checking the dipstick to see if there is water or drain the oil to get the water out. Then refill the fluids and drive the car like normal. It cant do any damage unless the engine was trying to compress the water. So from the sounds of it you should be fine.

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
hydrolocking ftl.

remove your sparkplugs and let the water evaporate, making sure nothing drops in. if its a little water, hopefully it'll dry out.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
damn that sucks!!! I took mine out when it was raining at the Oxnard meet cause there were big ass puddles everywhere.

good luck brotha...sorry to hear that.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
When you take out your spark plugs, crank the motor over...if you did get water in the motor it should spit most of it out...let the rest evaporate

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
jasezero said:
When you take out your spark plugs, crank the motor over...if you did get water in the motor it should spit most of it out...let the rest evaporate

+1 Pull the plugs out, disconnect the coil and turn the engine over a few times to clear most of the water. Leave the plugs out and let it sit like that for a few days to let the rest evaporate. It should be fine after that, good luck!

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
happened to my buddy a month ago. his dried out, and ran fine afterwards. hope yours does the same.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
THanks everybody - I went outside and tried it a while ago - It sounds like it is ready to turn over - almost like it needs a jump but to be on the safe side - I am taking it to the shop - in the morning - I was taking it there anyway just for brakes anyhow -

I hope it's not too much grief and just needs to dry out - else .... the VE project will have to start sooner than later ....

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Damn Shawn sorry to hear that man! That sucks! Updates?

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
pull the spark plugs out and crank it for a bit. if the engine move and wter shoots out the wholes you should fire up

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am actually in a class today but when I went out this morning it sounded better. Like it was going to crank and turnover. I am not sure how to describe it but iI turn the key you hear that ""vit vit vit vit" sound then then you hear the air rush into the motor and it almost kicks on if you hold the key down ... I did it twice and then stopped because I think I can burn out the starter like that ...

It is going to be sunny and hot today so i hope when I get out of class t will crank up - then I am going to get all the wires and plugs changed too -

Kev - can you contact Lance to see when he is available and what all I will need. I am going to try and catch up with Dre today and pay for the new motor anyhow - this may be a sign to go ahead and do it now before i say F - it and get :

SO I can be a baller like Kev ... :cool:

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
im sorry i realised some one llready posted my sudgestion. if some one knows how to delete it please do

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
i had a similar incident and only the MAF sensor died.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
damn, back in the day, i killed my eclipse motor by sucking water up through my cai. good luck. oh and btw, if you have insurance, they may cover this. i had usaa and they paid $5000 to have Mitsubishi throw in a brand new motor, so you never know.
thanks,
marty

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i used a vaccuum to the throttle body to suck out any water i could..i didnt work for me but it cant hurt for you..then again i was under 2 feet of water..with no CAI all stock stufff..

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
poppy_morenito said:
I am actually in a class today but when I went out this morning it sounded better. Like it was going to crank and turnover. I am not sure how to describe it but iI turn the key you hear that ""vit vit vit vit" sound then then you hear the air rush into the motor and it almost kicks on if you hold the key down ... I did it twice and then stopped because I think I can burn out the starter like that ...

It is going to be sunny and hot today so i hope when I get out of class t will crank up - then I am going to get all the wires and plugs changed too -

Kev - can you contact Lance to see when he is available and what all I will need. I am going to try and catch up with Dre today and pay for the new motor anyhow - this may be a sign to go ahead and do it now before i say F - it and get :

SO I can be a baller like Kev ... :cool:
No problem Shawn, all you need is:

MSD 8969 $100ish (www.gofastdepot.com cheap...and in Miami, you get the item in 1 day - Serban on sr20forum runs it)

SAFC II $200-$250

You have everything else.

And of course for the fellas:

-Pizza from a cornerstore shop
-Shop Towels
-WD-40
-Purple Power engine cleaner (so the engine bay gets cleaned before engine goes in)
-Coolant
-4 quarts of oil
-Brake fluid

The fellas will clarify exactly what quantity is needed so dont buy anything yet.

Dont buy an old 350Z, my lady friend just bought a used 2004 G35 auto with 24,000 miles for $22,000....much better than the Z and 4 seats

1 - 20 of 79 Posts