Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1: I have swapped a DET into my 99 G20, and the gas mileage I get compared to my old DE is ridiculously higher. I am not always on it, but I am not too easy on the DET to say the least and still I am getting anywhere between 40 to 110 more miles out of a tank of gas... Is this normal?

2: My ECU reads insufficient EGR flow, obviously due to the fact that the DET has no EGR system... Does the EGR read from a sensor, or does it read vacuum from somewhere else, because looking at the EGR from my old DE I see no where that an electrical connector would connect, as well as no loose connector floating around my engine bay. Can anyone help so that I can clear that code?

Thanx,
---Adam

·
Registered
201 Posts
not to get off topic here, but when did you drop the det in. have you posted about it before? did i just totally miss it?

the best person to answer your question is luke (lukeatme?). although others have swapped det's in p10s, i don't know of others that have swapped into p11s. i'm sure if geo sees this he'll also be able to help you.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
What kind of ECU are you using? JWT, stock w/black box tuning, etc? If you have a JWT ECU then they usually program the ERG bypass. If you are using the AFC and ITC black boxes then you'll have to live with it or weld an EGR bung on the manifold.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Greekman, I did post about my DET swap a while ago, not sure exactly when, I believe it was around the begining of May, under a post called "A 13 second G????". I don't post a lot due to limited internet access.

G-Forces, I am using a JWT ECU, and I called to ask the about the EGR, they told me that their program does not remove the EGR... so I think I may be screwed as far as this EGR code goes, but I am hell bent on figuring it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts