Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forums and I have found out that it is on the left side of the motor. How ever I have no clue what the sensor looks like or where it is exactly located. Could any one take a picture or describe exactly where this sensor is hidden?

thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Taken from "advancing timing" sticky in engine section:
Next up is to disconnect the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) harness. There are two plugs attached to sensors behind (on the firewall side of) the throttle body. The top one is brown, and it's the one we're concerned about. I'm not sure exactly what the gray one is or does, but leave it alone. When you disconnect the TPS, you should hear the idle speed noticeably rise; just like if you turned on the air conditioner. This picture is pretty poor, but you should at least be able to see the color, position, and location of the plug I'm talking about. Mine is currently disconnected; it should be placed directly over the gray connector.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, so I an looking for a brown plug correct? I have to clean my sensor or replace it becuase my idle goes up and down like no tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts