Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the headunits the same? can i put a 2001 head unit in my 2002 g20 sport? thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input. yeah i want confirmation before i bid on a 2001 deck. i'll probably just bid though, its not too expensive

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
have you already pulled out your unit from your car, I may have some pics of the rear of '99 bose head unit if you want me to post them for comparing the connectors.

I know all the P11's had double-din openings so the fit shouldn't be an issue. Of course all of this could be confirmed if someone has just done it before :teeth:

·
♥
3,947 Posts
99-02 double din bose decks are the same. they are also the same in various maximas, i30's, qx4's, and pathfinders. did i forget any? if the front looks the same, your good to go.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use to work for Clarion, and still do consulting work for them.

Clarion makes the majority of Nissan's decks/entertainment systems. In the case of Bose and the Rockford systems typically Clarion designs the deck to Boses' specs and then takes care of the warranty issues.

In Rockfords case, Clarion does the head unit, rockford does the amps and speakers, however because Rockford isn't quality certified all parts are shipped to Clarion for testing before being shipped to Nissan.

Chris

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
chrisinky said:
I use to work for Clarion, and still do consulting work for them.

Clarion makes the majority of Nissan's decks/entertainment systems. In the case of Bose and the Rockford systems typically Clarion designs the deck to Boses' specs and then takes care of the warranty issues.

In Rockfords case, Clarion does the head unit, rockford does the amps and speakers, however because Rockford isn't quality certified all parts are shipped to Clarion for testing before being shipped to Nissan.

Chris
good to know, thanks mang.

so can you get some hook-ups on clarion stuff?

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
AzG20P11 said:
99-02 double din bose decks are the same. they are also the same in various maximas, i30's, qx4's, and pathfinders. did i forget any? if the front looks the same, your good to go.
The 99 I30 (A32) has the same deck as the P11. The 2000-01 (A33) model does not.

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
they are the same one

·
Registered
108 Posts
all nissan/infiniti double din decks from 95-02 will work. They all use the same harness, and output the same audio signal (voltage) to the factory amp(s).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts